SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A rough but, proud morning. Now an update from graduation.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A rough but, proud morning. Now an update from graduation. Login/Join 
posted
It was hard to put “My Little Peanut” (a nickname I have for my daughter) on a plane heading for Lackland for basic but, at the same time an enormous amount of pride. Mom is having a rough time too but, I told her(and myself)… it’s all downhill from here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 357fuzz,

Posts: 4137 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats and condolences.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Peanut's a full-grown tree. Please pass on my admiration and gratitude.

Posts: 784 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Yep. I can imagine that was rough. Congrats on raising a good kid who wants to serve, and thank her for us next time you see her.

Posts: 9249 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on this proud and emotional milestone. You’ll have many more!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I can understand the emotions here. Hang tough mom and dad, and best wishes to Peanut!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8659 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! You should be proud !

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Wait till you see the transformation that pops out after she graduates. I can guarantee you you will be most pleasantly surprised how an already good human being is made better.

We will be looking for pics of her graduation. That will be a great day.

God bless the both of you.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both parents for raising such a fine young woman willing to serve her country... ........ drill sgt.

Posts: 2089 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pace40:
admiration and gratitude

I concur on the sentiment. She's already a step ahead of most and the future is hers.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13499 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
God speed to her, and congratulations on having a service-minded daughter. Let the adventure begin!

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1217 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a job well done.

Posts: 2846 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found this on the Air Force BMT website. Every couple weeks they post pics of training flights. My little Peanut in formation learning some drill. Graduation coming up 09/05. Can’t believe it.She is the one in glasses. She hates her issued birth control glasses.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 357fuzz,

Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. Congrats Dad.

Posts: 4099 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Just wait until graduation.
Your chest will be popping big time on the transformation.
They do good things down there in Texas.

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her decision to serve will pay huge dividends in her future. Congrats Mom and Dad, she’ll be fine - light years ahead of her peers.
I am grateful to know that kids still care enough to serve.

Posts: 14 | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another little pic of her. This is during weapon issue. Graduates next week. Had a 1/2 hour phone call w/ her last week. She sounded good. She has always been tough but, you can hear a smooth confidence in her voice if that makes any sense. She did excellent on her PT final. Smoked dorm/locker inspection. She was disappointed in her rifle score. Said she dropped 4. I don’t know if that was misses or outside “their” scoring rings. She said the sun was hitting the optic and had a hard time seeing the red dot. They are not allowed to adjust the brightness according to her. She loves drill. She also got made Element Leader for Pacer Forge. Sorry for the ranting of a proud dad who also misses his daughter.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry for the ranting of a proud dad who also misses his daughter.

I don’t believe anyone asked for an apology!
Sounds like she’s doing well.
Good job Mom & Dad! You have every reason to be proud. Smile

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing 8 years ago and it was really hard. I was a usaf captain along time ago and was at Lackland for the security police officer’s basic class while my brother was there for basic so had a pretty good idea what he was in for. My wife had areal hard time with it to, she was a a usaf reserve col. at the time and didn’t like the idea of of her baby getting run around.
We went to the graduation and couldn’t be prouder. My son got a kick of the people who were busting his butt jumping to attention and addressing his mom as mam when she walked in the squad bay.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Are you going down for graduation? AF BMT puts on a good 3-4 day extravaganza. MUCH different than my USMC bootcamp graduation back in ‘81.

We went to my son’s graduation in 2014 (he got out of AF a few months ago after 10 years). Not sure if it is the same, but I have to say I was impressed and very glad we went to see it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11228 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post