SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma - Its Been Awhile - Acoustic Guitar - ****NEW WINNER***
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma - Its Been Awhile - Acoustic Guitar - ****NEW WINNER*** Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
I have a guitar that I purchased several years ago and have only played it a few times in the last four years. I believe I had the strings replaced and the frets dressed but otherwise its factory new.

It was my travel guitar when I was flying around on project work.

Rather than let it just sit in my closet, I thought I would this off - my preference is to someone that wants to take up music and not just collecting guitars for the sake of collecting.

It comes with an SKB hard case. There is a small rub blemish on the guitar sound board but is cosmetic only.

I will pick the winner on December 12 so that we can try to get it shipped in time for the holidays if thats the intended purpose (something from Santa for someone else)

the selected winner is Bob Ramberg

please contact me with shipping info

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhtagmember,

Posts: 53080 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Greg, a very generous karma! Please don't include me as I have enough and I'm a lefty, but good luck to someone who wants to take up this hobby.

My first guitar was a Seagull!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38587 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
My son is "stealing his sister's when she is not home. This would be great for him. Thanks for the chance!

Posts: 12430 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
Just a few days ago I was thinking that I should try to learn an instrument. This seems like a good opportunity. Please count me in, thank you for the opportunity to win your very generous karma.

Posts: 4447 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question. If someone not musically inclined (don’t play instruments) wanted to learn to play a guitar without buying lessons from the high school band instructor how would one go about this in the easiest most sensible way?

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
My wife has been learning the ukulele and has been interested in trying the guitar. Maybe this is a sign.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12682 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. Always wanted to learn how to play.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I won’t enter either, but echoing what 6guns said, that’s a very generous karma that you’re offering, and I hope someone genuinely interested in learning guitar wins it.

Posts: 13162 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Great Karma, please include me. Have wanted to learn to play a guitar for years and would take good care of it. Thanks.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3757 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Question. If someone not musically inclined (don’t play instruments) wanted to learn to play a guitar without buying lessons from the high school band instructor how would one go about this in the easiest most sensible way?

There are lots of free courses on the internet that would suit you. Do some searching and you'll be surprised.

This has come up before and many members, including myself recommend at least a few lesson with a live in-person teacher to learn some good basic habits and not develop any bad habits that might be more difficult to change later.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38587 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Please include me in this most generous karma, Greg.

I have an electric, I sadly don't play a lot, because I am way off grid. Playing an electric without an amp is sad Frown.

I have been looking to get an acoustic at some point, but it has been on the back burner.

Thanks for the chance!

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me for this great karma!

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me in this Karma, that guitar looks beautiful !

Posts: 919 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Please don't enter me, I have guitars that need more playing time. Just wanted to say this is a wonderful karma.

quote:

I have found YouTube to be a great resource. Very different from when I first started.

It's as simple as going to YouTube and typing in the name of the song you want to learn along with "how to play" or "lesson."

There is also www.ultimate-guitar.com thousands of tabs on how to play your favorite songs.

Posts: 13041 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Would love a chance at this. Thank you for offering it. I am trying to pick up guitar even at my age. I think the youth have a bit of an advantage over the elderly when learning an instrument.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Would love a chance at this. Thank you for offering it. I am trying to pick up guitar even at my age. I think the youth have a bit of an advantage over the elderly when learning an instrument.

For what it's worth, I took up guitar at 53. You can do it!

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:

For what it's worth, I took up guitar at 53. You can do it!

Thank you for the encouragement 6guns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Amazing Karma. What a cool gift.

DO NOT INCLUDE ME.

I couldn’t carry a tune with a dozen packs of sherpas.

Badass karma to whoever wins.

Nice work nhtagmember

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is not intended to sound as douchey as it does, but Youtube is an endless plethora of all kinds of lessons. I couldn't point you to one particular person or channel, but they're relatively easy to find. I follow Bernth. Most of his stuff is out of my ability, but he has some good stuff for starting off in terms of not building garbage into your technique.

Posts: 17047 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Cool karma! Please do NOT include me (I don’t play).

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5276 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post