SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Swap the Outback for a Ridgeline?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swap the Outback for a Ridgeline? Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
Same here. Seems no one makes a 'small' pickup any longer.
My hope is, given the early sales success of the Maverick thus far, it awakens other manufacturers to that smaller truck market again, and a couple (Toyota please) join the segment with options.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Like the idea and execution of the Maverick, it's hard to tell though if the sales success of the sellout is due to demand for that vehicle, speculation on the Hybrids value, or the fact that Ford simply can't produce enough to sell.

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Like the idea and execution of the Maverick, it's hard to tell though if the sales success of the sellout is due to demand for that vehicle, speculation on the Hybrids value, or the fact that Ford simply can't produce enough to sell.
Agreed, but again, my hope is that the Maverick's early success prompts other manufacturers to consider building a vehicle for this segment.

And apparently Ford dealers, as usual, are trying to screw up a good thing. I joined the Maverick Owners forum recently and there are a growing number of posts of dealers trying to hose people with additional price increases and fees who are waiting for delivery of their ordered Mavericks. Why does this not shock me. Roll Eyes

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks HRK, I would take the Santa Cruz over the Maverick all day.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19193 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Ever driven either one? If not you are a dealer's dream customer.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

Any of the three would do someone well found a video comparing all three...

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post