SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever had a love/hate relationship with a vehicle??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever had a love/hate relationship with a vehicle?? Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
2002 Chevy Camaro SS. Loved driving that car, 6th to 4th downshifts were a religious experience. Won th Arizona SCCA State Championship Series in that car. Power was great, mileage was great, handing was really good especially with the suspension I put underneath it.

Driving it in Arizona in the summertime sucked, big windshield to bake underneath, then there were the t-tops. I got nicknamed, redneck under glass. The big long thick heavy doors sucked in parking lots. The tupperwear quality plastic interior. Rattles, creaks and groans. Driving in snow was an adventure.

Still miss that car...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11883 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"74" F-250 reg cab 2x4 .

Liked everything the truck had to offer.
Wing windows, dimmer on the floor, tilt wheel, bench seat,
Dual tanks, great air.
But it was a stick.

I thought I could live with a stick , but after 8 months I sold it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55169 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Keep flushing that tranny!!!!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5177 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Did the transmission last the whole time?

On my 2007 I got to 280K and never had an issue.

On my 2015 it went out right after I crossed the 100K mark and was just out of warranty. Very lucky for me I knew someone who worked at a dealership and he pulled some strings with Chevy warranty wise so it only cost me $1K.

Posts: 2348 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:

That’s the plan. Original owner did it at 60k and I’ll do it at 120k have the stuff to do it.
Also swapped out that transmission thermostat bypass and my temps stay around 150* used to hit 180s on the interstate.

quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Did the transmission last the whole time?

On my 2007 I got to 280K and never had an issue.

On my 2015 it went out right after I crossed the 100K mark and was just out of warranty. Very lucky for me I knew someone who worked at a dealership and he pulled some strings with Chevy warranty wise so it only cost me $1K.

Yeah, they put a crappy torque converters in these models that cause the trans to blow.
It’s not an actual trans issue.
I know I am on borrowed time. Have a fella that will do a full rebuild with upgraded sonax internals and a billet torque converter for $3500.
Yet, I have no desire to do that. Hope to squeak out 2 more years and 30k miles and get rid of it before she crosses 150k

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25665 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My biggest love/hate relationship with a car was my '61 XKE Jag. I loved how it looked and drove, but I had to work on it nearly every weekend......it was my only car and had to go everyday. They don't like to do that!!

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend attended the 1961 New York Auto Show with his father just because Jaguar introduced the E-Type there, a coupe and a convertible. They were so impressed with it that his father bought the coupe and they drove it home to Chicago after the show ended.

I never heard of any troubles with it, just stories like passing the Illinois State Police HQ on the Northwest Tollway at shift change time while checking if the car could really do 150MPH. It could. Two shifts of ISP troopers just watched them go by, didn't bother to chase.

My friend's father retired to Door County, WI sometime in the 1970's and brought the car with him. Somehow he had it moved to the island just offshore in Lake Michigan that he lived on, and it was still there, rusting in pieces, at least into the mid-1980's.

I lost touch with my friend about then. He was a car-nut, even more than I was, though he never raced, but owned a 356 and a Volvo 164 back then, and understood the collector's value of the first E-Type in the US. I don't know if the car was sold and restored, or left sitting on that island.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9365 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:

Sounds like a personal problem, but whatever makes you happy... Wink

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12915 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
My biggest love/hate relationship with a car was my '61 XKE Jag. I loved how it looked and drove, but I had to work on it nearly every weekend......it was my only car and had to go everyday. They don't like to do that!!

I was just a kid when a guy who lived in the same apartment complex owned one of these.
Sexy car, sounded awesome - he told me he had to get a fresh tuneup when it rained.
He could have been pulling my leg but that car was gone a lot when he was still home.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3869 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post