SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    As a 14 year old a Bruins player bullied a developmentally delayed fellow student , UPDATE page 3 NHL Comish “he may never play”
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

As a 14 year old a Bruins player bullied a developmentally delayed fellow student , UPDATE page 3 NHL Comish “he may never play” Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
I’m not attacking anybody. I’m simply asking where everybody was. Ten years is a long time for this to go on.

It’s not like this happened in 1975 when “boys will be boys” was still the mainstream way of thinking. This was in the 2010’s when anti-bullying was all the rage and terms like differently able were the accepted language and both messages were front and center across the political, social and media spectrums.

But if we crucify this guy now then I guess we don’t really need to ask where we’re the adults, do we.

I mean, we have the whole story right? Mommy said so. The media said so. No reason to ask uncomfortable questions nobody really wants an answer to

Yeah these are fair questions for sure. I mean the NHL player was even charged for it and allegedly given a restraining order so it must have been bad and well documented.

How the bully’s parents and the administration at the school allowed this to go on for so long is mind boggling. Mostly his parents, I mean if my son was bullying a special ed kid so long and so bad that he was found guilty in a court of law for it I would make sure my son never did that again.

I’d love to know more about this guys family life.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’m guessing there were meetings because it apparently went to court where a restraining order was issued. Maybe she has an ulterior motive or maybe she’s still pissed off. My wife is still pissed off at my 16 year old son’s kindergarten teacher for the way she treated my son. That teacher did’t do anything anywhere close to what the hockey player did.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
We don’t even know if the mom reported it to the league. It actually seems like the player is the one who did.

If she’s looking for a payday she would have been a lot better off waiting until he was actually an NHL player making good money. He’s not either of those things now.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post