SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    As a 14 year old a Bruins player bullied a developmentally delayed fellow student , UPDATE page 3 NHL Comish “he may never play”
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

As a 14 year old a Bruins player bullied a developmentally delayed fellow student , UPDATE page 3 NHL Comish “he may never play” Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Here's my deal, if he apologized for it, then it should be forgiven. We do stupid things in our youth to impress our peers.
What happened to "no tolerance for bullies"?
quote:
Some of my tormentors from school have been forgiven. All it took was an I'm sorry and handshake all these years later. I'm the better person for accepting it.
Again, that's tolerance. You contradict yourself.

I was bullied in school, until I stopped listening to my mother about not fighting, and started listening to my father, who said "Go crazy. Stomp the shit out of them. Make them think that you're not right in the head." And that shit worked like a charm starting in eighth grade, and then it was smooth sailing because I had a rep for fighting back.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing not mentioned except in the post above is how to deal with bullies. You can teach this skill. You can make friends with people who are BIG and like to fight. These folks will fight your battles for you. Additionally, you can attack them when they are not looking. Another option is making sure the fight is in front of a teacher. Those get stopped quickly.
Even a developmentally delayed kid can learn these things.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Peace through superior firepower. You may very well win a fight against me, but if I have half a chance, I will fuck up your day so badly, you will regret getting out of bed that morning.

And that is a deterrent, make no mistake.

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
That was not bullying.

That was something quite sick and twisted.

Normally, I’d think people are over sensitive, but I doubt I’d hire someone who has done such a thing at 14.

Yes, that’s young, but if he did was he is accused of, he’s broken.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And let's not forget, guys- he did this to a black kid. We know this because the news article makes sure we know it.

Why mention race? Can't you see what they're trying to do?

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The real issue here is that the Coyotes’ ownership and management knew about Miller’s issues and didn’t perform due diligence by at least speaking with Meyer-Crothers and his parents before drafting him in 2016.

Miller and a classmate had been regularly taunting, bullying, and assaulting Meyer-Crothers starting back in second grade all the way through eighth grade. Miller’s juvenile case was heard in 2016.

Had Arizona management contacted and interviewed Meyer-Crothers’ parents about the case before drafting Miller and put some conditions and incentives on his contract, we might have a different outcome. But now it looks like Arizone pulled a fast one.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]Normally, I’d think people are over sensitive, but I doubt I’d hire someone who has done such a thing at 14.

Yes, that’s young, but if he did was he is accused of, he’s broken[/quote
^^^^^^^
First of all it is doubtful that folks would disclose this sort of thing in a job interview. You must have gone to a sheltered school. This sort of thing happens daily in schools across our country. Things much worse than this. Do you recall Swirlies? Fraternities do much worse to the wanna be members. I do not condone such behaviors but they are very common. Broken, give me a break!

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Remember the standards he will be held to are unattainable, all part of the plan. This is the personification of the woke, leftist, liberal and anti-white male agenda.

White male, educated, professional athlete, apparently raised in a stable environment to a significant degree, on the verge of significant success. Translation is white privileged, MAGA will soon be brought into the media narrative as soon as they can find a fleeting link, racist, anti-disabled, toxicity of masculinity, basically all that is evil.

Now just contrast Kyrie Irving and his anti semitic behavior, the papers refer to it as drama, he’s an established super star icon, but he’s got the ultimate hall pass.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sure I agree. What I do not understand is a number of posters being taken aback by his behvavior. This shit happened daily in my high school and I know enough adolescents to confirm that it still happens on a regular basis. These guys need to talk to a few high school prinicipals and coaches.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Absolutely nobody in this thread seems shocked to me. We are simply saying it’s not acceptable behavior.

But since you think we are all ignorant in the area of youth:

I currently have two kids around that age and so I have a bunch of friends with kids the same age. In addition I’ve been a youth sports coach coaching multiple sports and kids from grade school to high school for over a decade now. I know a lot of kids of all ages, especially the 14-15 area.

I am very good friends with 2 high school football head coaches and a middle school assistant basketball coach.

My brother is currently the athletic director and an 8th grade teacher at a middle school where he has spent the last 20 years. My ex-wife spent a few years working in the office at a middle school and is now the librarian. My aunt was a teacher for 25 years and was a high school principal for another 20.

Just to check I called every one them to see what they thought and I stand by my statement. Especially considering that this was not a one-off event or voluntary hazing as part of a sports team initiation but was a constant for a period of at least 6 years.

I’m not saying there should be some dystopian shit happen to the guy or that he shouldn’t be allowed to have a job. But I don’t feel bad for him if bad shit happens to him.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never found an adult asshole who didn't start out as an adolescent asshole. Granted, not every adolescent asshole grows into an adult asshole, but the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Really, this is the kind of guy and behavior some of you want to take umbrage over? Actions have consequences, some of which can be far reaching.

If bullying to this level is a "normal" part of your experience and practiced regularly in schools of which you are aware, that's fucked up.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm saying to look at the whole picture. This shit is being served to us on a platter. I don't give a damn about this guy or what he's really like as a person. This crap is being fed to us.

Why was the race of the bullied student mentioned in the story? Take a step back and look at what is going on.

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Looking at this more, it is horrible what he did, however there needs to be perspective and rationality. He bullied a special needs kid, what was done was disgusting. However it wasn’t murder, it wasn’t a debilitating injury, he was tried and punished in court, juvenile court; it wasn’t a crime that the law as enacted by the people of the state found so egregious that it required being adjudicated in adult court. It may not make everyone happy but that is how our system works. As terrible the act and treatment, is a lifetime of damnation what we want to occur? The 14 year old who commits a larceny, assaults and batters a person, is the action at 14 the end of their usefulness and being a productive society member?

Every adult who is a bully was a child bully, I’d beg to differ, what about the kid who was bullied or picked on for being a geek or a nerd who now is a horrible boss to his employees, or a cop or authority who exacts revenge through his office. I know a kid who was a downright flaming asshole as a kid, who is one of the kindest and compassionate people I know as an adult, in the medical profession. The 14 year old in this instance is irredeemable, we should execute him, lethal injection, there is no chance he can grow, mature or learn; society and the world is better off with him as fertilizer or dust.

What about the school and it’s culture, the jocks be it whatever sport and the schools emphasis on athletics and winning, creating entitled and revered monsters because of athletic ability and the adoration in the small community it creates. There may be some adults who put being state or division champion above nurturing and educating a kid to be caring and kind? Where were the indoctrinators, sorry teachers, counselors or coaches?

The media makes this an issue for one reason and one reason only race. Whatever faction they subscribe to not enough minorities in the NHL, a political motive this is what “deplorable” start out as and then becomes Hitler or whatever. The hate towards whites and the notion of “white privilege.” Or is it a toxic masculinity issue, males, men are driven by strength and physical ability to abuse, especially white males.

The timing for the story, not just hockey season, but societal season for bringing this up. Now imagine if it was your kid who was the bully would you want him ruined for life at 14, what if it were you? I’m not minimizing the lasting affects to the bullied kid, is forgiveness a forgotten art?

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Again all I’m saying is that I don’t care what happens to him. I’m not calling for his head. It’s not that deep and I didn’t need to talk to principals or coaches or athletic directors or 14 year old kids (even though I did) or know the race of the kids, or know how common it may be, or anything else for me to come to my conclusion. A bully makes a disabled kid eat candy that was used to wipe a toilet down? That’s fucked up and whatever happens to the bully is fine with me. Simple.

Does race matter? To the media it does. I’m sure that we are only hearing about it because the bullied kid is black and the player is white. If the bullied kid was white we probably wouldn’t hear about it, and if the hockey player was black too then we almost certainly wouldn’t hear about it. I’m not an idiot and so that’s not lost on me.

But the reasoning behind the media reporting this has absolutely zero effect on my reaction to the story. I’m not falling into their racist trap and will continue to judge people by the content of their character instead of their race. Regardless of the races involved it’s pretty fucked up to bully a mentally disabled kid for 6 years.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pale Horse,

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
There have been multiple scandals in hockey lately involving a variety of incidents. Evander Kane. A Chicago trainer drugging and sexually assaulting players one at the pro level. This one costed Joel Quenneville his job in Florida, and it should have. There's no way he didn't know about what was going on, but for the quest of a cup we'll just not look there. Two or three different sex scandals involving Canadian junior teams the latest costing top executives their jobs, and many advertisers pulling out. Civil suit settled with the usual non disclosure agreements. Marek and Wyszynski pod about 4 years ago exposing the puck bunny network throughout the NHL including an interview with one female involved who dished big time.

This is why the NHL is sensitive, but really this one doesn't measure up to past transgressions. Hockey has bigger fish to fry at this particular time. Thank you, next.

Posts: 7527 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
What's fucked up is the length of time from the offense to the retribution for it. I say make him eat a giant sneakers bar wiped in a urinal and be good good with it.

And how did this get out? Isn't juvenile records sealed after you're an adult?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19665 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Yes, karma...

Now, let me clarify.

This isn't a 60 year old elected official with a history of public service being scrutinized.

This is a 20 year old man, who six years prior as sadiatically tormenting a fellow student who had diminished capacity.

He had been tormenting this individual since the second grade. Second to eitght grade, depending on the date he focused on theis poor lad, is approx 7 years.

I do not pass the purity test, but neither had i engaged in tormenting or bullying when i was younger.

In this case, hed been involved in this activity longer than the time had passed since the culminating event of assault occured.

If a hockey team wants him and can weather the discontent of advertisers pulling out, great.

As for how did his get out... well, I wouldn't doubt a family member of the tortured child notified the press.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Is anyone else wondering if Joni Meyer-Crothers isn't trolling for a payoff? Hope the Bruins don't cave.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post

I care more about who he is today. He could have had an awakening in those 6 years. I've known plenty of people as adults who've had awakenings and have turned from crime to kindness.

If he's still an asshole today, then yeah, F that kid.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Para, we are in agreement on the “on a platter”.
The fixation on race and disability and whatever niche cause de celbre.

That is nauseating... all for clicks IMO which also serves political agendas.

I could go on but feel all has already been said.

Regards
Billy

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post