SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No threads on social unrest???
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No threads on social unrest??? Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

Ohhh man...Beemans... that brings back memories...Beemans was aviator gum so we all carried packs and chewed it while flying.

Haven't seen a pack in probably 25-30 years, and it could be tricky to find back then...wherever did you find it?

Same here. A long time ago.

Growing up was plagued with stomach troubles.

Beemans was a welcome friend.

It's good to hear that it's still around Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Atomic fireballs were the "thing" as an elementary school kid. No grandparents pushing these. Smile

Then I was introduced to rock candy at a school outing to the Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame. Oh my word! Big Grin

As for gum, are there actually any left with real sugar in them? The artificial sweetener gums taste like crap to me.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My parents would not buy me a Schwinn Stingray. I forgave them. I did like the orange slice candy too. Still do.

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Fuckers are supposed to be in my neighborhood this weekend. My only real concern is my pregnant wife going into labor and having to go past the shit to get to the hospital. "Peaceful protest" on 6/6 and c-section scheduled 6/8 but previous 2 kids came way early. See what happens.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
Fuckers are supposed to be in my neighborhood this weekend. My only real concern is my pregnant wife going into labor and having to go past the shit to get to the hospital. "Peaceful protest" on 6/6 and c-section scheduled 6/8 but previous 2 kids came way early. See what happens.

Back Off! That's about this thread.

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
When I go to see my parents, my dad always has a bag of these around. don't know anyone who is still alive that eats them.

I don’t think I’m dead yet. I love good and plenty’s.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I always liked clove gum.

If I see it, I'll try it. I love the Ting Ting Jahe ginger candies from Indonesia. One thing that you don't want to chew is ginseng gum unless you like the flavor of dirt.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
One thing that you don't want to chew is ginseng gum unless you like the flavor of dirt.

I had some ginseng hard candies a few years ago. They were great. You would pop one in your mouth, and they were glazed with a little sugar. So at first it was just a little sweet, just enough yo make your mouth water a little. Then in the blink of an eye, all the glaze would melt, and you would be hit hard with the full flavor or a mouthful of moist potting soil.
You could spit the candies out, and try something else to kill the flavor, but it wasn’t happening. You were stuck with the flavor of dirt until it wore off.

I passed out a lot of those candies. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Bleeding hearts

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve always had this thing for regular jelly beans or that candy that was like a jelly bean, but coated in sugar. My late mom always had them stashed somewhere.

Just last night, while eating dinner, I thought to myself, “Ya know, a big bag of jelly beans sure would nice right about now...”. My wife asked what I was thinking (I had that look on my face...), I told her and our kids just laughed at me and said I had issues...little jerks.

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Starburst or Now and Later chews, Sweetarts, Fruit Stripe Gum, Necco Candy Wafers

Grandparents always had hard candy around...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:

Back Off! That's about this thread.

Sorry

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
thread needs theme music...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
But I've got an honest question. We mostly have good laws, here in the hills. But one says we can't carry in places where alcohol is served. I kind of understand why. But we just got home from eating at my favorite restaurant. We ate outside on the sidewalk. They have tables set up. Anyone think that's illegal, too?

No demonstrations or riots down there, the hillbillies wouldn't put up with it. I hope this hammering around the edges doesn't get upsetting.

Hey Rburg, you can carry in restaurants that serve alcohol in Kentucky. Just not in places that dedicate the majority of their business to serving it.

Here is a quote from the section of the Kentucky statute that outlines places where carry is prohibited : Section 16(e) Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose;

If you're bored, here is a link to the whole thing. https://apps.legislature.ky.go...tatute.aspx?id=47039

Posts: 354 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Beemans; Gen. Chuck Yeager is still with us, age 97.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I could never tell the difference between Butter-Scotch and Butter-Rum.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post