SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is it wrong that I laughed out loud at this? Poacher eaten by lion
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is it wrong that I laughed out loud at this? Poacher eaten by lion Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Good lions, now find the next poacher and repeat.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Amen to that. That's the best news story I've heard in quite a while. Lions 1, poachers -1. Love that math. Oh, and there are way more than 20,000 lions left in Africa, and way more than 350 people eaten annually.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
The really unfortunate thing about this, there are now lions running around out there who consider humans “prey”. It’s unfortunate for the lions as well as any human population that they end up reacting with. The poacher got what he deserved, but the lions now might not avoid a human as they would have originally.

I don't think they do. If you enter their territory, you'd better be hunting them or sightseeing from a vehicle, because they will be hunting you regardless. Lions are not afraid of man, just like White Sharks are not afraid of swimmers, brown bears are not afraid of hikers and hunters, and your boss is not afraid of you. Everyone thinks all wild animals are afraid of humans, that's just not true. The food chain is like real estate, it's all about location.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post