SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you get offended if you are called a racial slur?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you get offended if you are called a racial slur? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Redneck and hillbilly are compliments!
Back when I was young (a LONG time ago), the dictionary defined "hillbilly" as "a resident of northern Michigan"--go figure.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I’m a retired cop. I’ve been called everything you could possibly think of. Even black epithets….and I’m white! I used to screw with the perps and pull out my note book, or get one out of the glovebox and start flipping thru it….while they were popping off…

Heard that..
Yup,
Next,
Mmm hmmm
Got that one
Keep going …

It used to infuriate some of them. Then I’d laugh and smile and tell ‘em thanks for the chuckle.

LOL!! Best post of the day!

Posts: 1062 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
White, male, agnostic and live in a small town in a rural farming community. Aside from the typical redneck or hick references, I don't really fit a lot of hateful categories. Never ran into any of the white/male privilege shit in college either.

Honestly, I feel like I would be more likely to offend someone else because of something I say due to a lack of experience/interactions with others not of my lilly white background. Graduating class was under 100 and all white. In 2003. Pretty much same in college.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2757 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Everytime I hear "red-headed stepchild" in a meeting I want to get up and leave.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2277 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Back in 2018 I posted a thread about when I was called Uncle Tom, white mans bitch, etc, when I ran across a BLM supporter and said "Fuck black lives matter. This happened right before I retired. Other then that it's been white mans nigger, fucking sellout and other names. I smile, sometimes chuckle and move on.
A white guy called me a fucking nigger when I was a kid. Talked to my dad about it, he said "well? Ain't you? Grow a thick skin, Keep moving forward." We had a good laugh about it.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7662 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, about 2:00pm yesterday. And who knows how many times before that. I grew up in the southern suburbs of Chicago when the neighborhoods were changing. Caught a few good ass kickings being the "snowflake".

Not offended at all. Didn't give a fuck then, don't give a fuck now.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8377 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nope. Happens pretty frequently, too. I'm a white guy but the shitty class of humans I interact with regularly at work can't seem to think of any other way to express themselves. I've been called all kinds of stuff, including slurs that typically wouldn't be directed at a white dude, both by white people and minorities. I just smile and make sure the bodycam is rolling, because it'll make great video for the judge and jury when this guy shows up to court in a suit and tries to play the innocent victim.

Posts: 8737 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Nope! I call myself a Guinea Wop Dago Bastard all the time! Have yet to be offended…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Nope, not a all. I only value the opinion of a very small, tight nit group of primarily family around me. Outside of that, I could care less.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Only one race gets offended because their “leaders” tell them to but they listen to music that says it hundreds of times and it’s no big deal. Hard to take them seriously.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7972 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I was shopping at a grocery store in Buffalo, NY about 25 years ago. Well, I was not really shopping for myself. My church sponsored a family of christian refugees from Sudan. Before the 9/11 islamakazee attack on the WTC and subsequent establishment of the independant South Sudan, the islamic government of Sudan was conducting slave raids against the Nilotic tribes. I believe that this refugee family was from the Deng tribe.

So I was helping real african Africans that were victims of islamo-supremacist violence buy groceries because the foodstuffs in the store were almost unknown to them. They had been living in a refugee camp just across the border from Sudan.

An elderly black man approached me and started to explain to me that I was not a real man. His contention was that as a white man I was the result of the breeding experiments of the 'scientist' 'Yakub' of the island of Madagascar. Yep, a genuine Nation of Islam nutjob. I had read enough about the NoI to know that 'Yakub' had bred monkeys to be white people. His niece apologized to me. I was not particularly offended as the dogma is stupid beyond belief.

Paradoxically, were he to have been magically transported to Sudan not only would he have been eligible for enslavement as a kufr but even execution for being a believer in the false prophet Wallis Fard.

The Hebrew Nubians gave me a good public ridiculing once. I was not particulary offended for being called a 'faggotty-assed white boy' because I suddenly understood that sometimrs the punishment for being yourself is being yourself. I could have shook their hands in gratitude.

So a racial slur does not bother me so much as irrational and hateful have a pretty close overlap.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5971 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been called everything under the sun. Learned a long time ago "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me". In my world, every generation was more successful at defeating racism. I saw the progression with my own eyes.

Everything was going well until today's "woke" kids. They are taught "words are violence" and that is their mental pathway and excuse to bring all the racist practices back, literally... segregation. They are so lost in their hate teachings that they can't see the obvious for themselves.

Posts: 693 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Stick and stone can hurt my bones, but words? Pffftt....
There was a thread on Reddit that asked “what is the biggest lie you’ve been told?”

The sticks and stones motto was the one I saw the most. Our schools and colleges are turning out disgusting weaklings, in both body and mind, in my not so humble opinion.

Of course, to those who live in self perpetuated victimhood, it's a lie to them.

quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Only one race gets offended because their “leaders” tell them to but they listen to music that says it hundreds of times and it’s no big deal. Hard to take them seriously.

It's about brainwashed victimhood mentality, and it infects anyone who chooses to be a victim. Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, you name it, and you can always find these victims. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26680 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was born with bright red hair and I was named after my dad so I was a junior. I have heard all the red headed stepson and red head jokes but I never got upset or mad that the people because they don't mean crap to me.
Being a po po at medical treatment facility, I get the crap all the time from employees, visitors and even the patients.
I still don't lose any sleep about it . D

Posts: 18 | Registered: January 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Around the early 70s there was some racial tension where I lived, and I was called some names, mostly cracker and honkey and white boy etc. But those were the times, particularly in the low income housing I lived in. It was a mixed race neighborhood and there were tensions between multiple race groups not just whites and blacks. I was pretty decent in my ability to avoid trouble getting from point A to B, but there were times I lived in primal fear until I was able to get to a better location. Fortunately the bullies and criminals (true criminals not just bullies) didn't have guns back then, and the kids on LSD were too strung to be a threat. Fortunately I was in a high percentile for the 50 yard dash, which was something we did regularly in boys gym class. I felt gifted in that way living in that environment. I loved the 70s culture and music but the rest was difficult for a time. The bad guys went to jail or died by their own hand, the rest of us entered the trades, worked our asses off, or got into community college or state universities. The Pell Grant back then was REAL good for kids without much means. On the upside, back then all the regular kids grew into adulthood by long hard work and effort, there were no marshmellow kids back then.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8745 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Black cop in NOLA told me I was a marshmallow in a cup of hot chocolate and to GTF off his street.

Posts: 1481 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
Black cop in NOLA told me I was a marshmallow in a cup of hot chocolate and to GTF off his street.

That sounds like the chocolate city alright

Posts: 13029 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t bother me because I’m at the point in my life where I really don’t care anymore about what people think. I’m not racist and usually the ones throwing that word around are the ones who are racist. Those on the left have used it so often that it really carries no meaning anymore. On a side note, my white democrat father in law WHO IS RACIST will watch MSNBC’s Joy Reid call white men racist the whole time she’s on the air and he doesn’t bat an eye.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Going back to sometime around my tenth birthday, and standing in line in the schoolyard waiting to go in to eat lunch by class. The smartest-looking class got to go in first, and that would have been MY class if the kid behind me, almost a full year older than me and a LOT bigger [because of the way we started schooling back then] had developed a habit of kicking me behind the knee so that I kind of lurched over, thus decreasing our chances of getting in first out of the rain. Along with that, he called me a kike and Jesus-killer, and I disagreed strongly with that.

So I leant down and picked up a half-brick lying where the builders were fixing up the school extension, and hit him around the head with it. I got three or four good lams in before I got hauled off. I went to the headmasters office, and he went to hospital. I got suspended for a week, but he had to have his face surgically rearranged to provide a passing semblance to what he'd looked before, or so they said. By the time he came out of hospital I was long gone elsewhere.

However, word of my redheaded Irish temper and shortness of fuze must have gotten around, because nothing like that has ever happened to me since.

Posts: 11359 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
This skit would NEVER be broadcast today.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3496 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post