SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Brand Name Foods Are A Must-Have? IE: No Store/Generic Brands Will Work For You?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Brand Name Foods Are A Must-Have? IE: No Store/Generic Brands Will Work For You? Login/Join 
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Texas Pete
Tabasco
Frank's Red Hot
Gulden spicy brown mustard
Hellman's mayonnaise
Tropicana original orange juice
Simply lemonade

Posts: 1972 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:

After several years of 98% store brand eating while we got our finances in order, Mrs. M-11 said "No more, ever."
That's interesting.

We in the southeast are fortunate to have Publix grocery stores.

Every Publix Premium branded item that I have tried, without exception, has been extremely high quality, at lower cost than the nationally known brands.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Several came to mind fairly quickly...

Listerine Ultraclean Arctic Mint - Equate brand just didn't cut it
Oroweat Health Nut Bread - has to be THAT bread for my turkey/swiss sammiches
Post Honey Bunches of Oats w/Almonds - Kroger brand didn't pass muster (oddly, though, I like Kroger brand Cocoa Krispies)
Angel Soft Toilet Paper - is there anything else?
Hill's Science Diet for the kittehs - generic brands have too much crap added in

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
If I'm buying from the store instead of homemade it's Frank's kraut.

Lakeside's - Horseradish sauces/ prepared horseradish/ mustards

About the only snack we buy from the store on a semi-regular basis is pretzels. We have settled on Dot's.

Some of our other preferences are repeat mentions:

Heinz - ketchup
La Preferida - Refried Beans

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
No generic:
soda
cereal
dishwashing pods
Persil
condiments

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyjondeere:
Heinz ketchup for me. Can’t stand the generic ketchup.

Same here. Heinz is the ONLY ketchup.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post