SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Brand Name Foods Are A Must-Have? IE: No Store/Generic Brands Will Work For You?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Brand Name Foods Are A Must-Have? IE: No Store/Generic Brands Will Work For You? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Rao’s Pasta Sauce

Posts: 11981 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I thought of another one: Mullen's Applesauce.

Generic applesauce is runny and sucks. Mullen's is chunky and tastes like apple pie.

Posts: 33037 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Big ole log of Jimmy Dean Sausage
Cheez-its
Monster Energy

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
A1

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’ll add some I didn’t think of earlier. Kahn’s Hot Dogs, Old Folks Sausage, Mikesell’s Potato Chips

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Diet Dr.Pepper.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Velveeta

Posts: 4055 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Campbell soups
French's yellow mustard
Miracle Whip
saltines (Nabisco or Keebler's--now prefer Keebler's because the Nabisco packets are impossible to open)
peanut butter (Skippy, Jif, or Peter Pan)
Diet Coke

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Coke, skippy, johnsonville

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:

On the positive side, HEB brand versions are usually pretty damn good and most of them seemed to be made in Texas, which we like.

We actually prefer many of the H-E-B/Hill Country Fare branded products over name brands.

Agree 100%, now if they'll just start building them in DFW I'd be much happier.

Posts: 1186 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Yuengling Lager.
Skippy peanut butter
Johnsonville Smoked Beef Sausage
Ball Park Beef Hot Dogs

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7274 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Pop Tarts.

Posts: 2055 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Spam

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Quaker Oats oatmeal and grits.

Hellman's mayonnaise.

My diet has changed but back in the day I was real particular about lots of stuff.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Rosarita Refried Beans. (Zesty Salsa flavor}

I note that a few of you have posted this brand. A couple years ago we discovered La Preferida Refried Beans and have come to “prefer” that brand. You folks might try a can if you see them.
<snip>

Prior to your post, two members mentioned Rosarita Refried Beans. I mentioned Rosarita Black Beans. All other brands of black beans that I know of have too much liquid, and lack the wonderful seasoning.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Our must-haves, no substitutes.

Hellmann's (Best Foods) mayonnaise
Progresso soups
Kikkoman soy sauce
Luxardo maraschino cherries
Snyder's pretzels
Tabasco
Vya dry vermouth
rustichella d'abruzzo dried pasta
French's yellow mustard

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Coke, Helmans Mayo, Heinz ketchup, Cambells soups, Mary Callender frozen entrees

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5236 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
After several years of 98% store brand eating while we got our finances in order, Mrs. M-11 said "No more, ever."

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tostitos Salsa Con Queso (Nacho Cheese)

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post