SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Brand Name Foods Are A Must-Have? IE: No Store/Generic Brands Will Work For You?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Brand Name Foods Are A Must-Have? IE: No Store/Generic Brands Will Work For You? Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Captian Chrunch, Fruit Loops, and Chrieos. Barilla pasta, Haagen Das coffee ice cream, and Pilsbury dough products.

Posts: 7096 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Jif Peanut Butter
VanCamps Pork and Beans
Heinz Catsup
French’s Yellow Mustard

Posts: 3268 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Raisin Bran must be Kelloggs. I like the way it gets squishy.

PB cups must be Reeses.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Community Coffee, Milos Unsweet Tea, and Jiff Peanut Butter.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jif P-butter.
Smuckers Strawberry Preserves.
Hersheys Dark Chocolate Kisses.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16379 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Community Coffee dark roast.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
La Victoria Salsa Brava
Bush's Baked Beans
Cajun Sunshine Hot Pepper Sauce
Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
Hunts Extra Thick Ketchup
Rosarita Refried Beans. (Zesty Salsa flavor}

Just to name a few.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Best Foods Mayo

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Coca-Cola. I remember when they came out with "new " Coke. Hope someone lost their job over that great idea.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Dukes mayo, but I hardly use it anymore.

Hellmans, My mother did.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3809 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SPAM. Dr. Pepper. Skippy peanut butter. Oscar Mayer bologna (the best, some of the other brands just need more...attention to detail or something).

Posts: 3385 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Pickles. Clausen only for me. The cheaper generic ones are mushy, without the requisite crunch/snap.

They definitely have got some kind of "secret sauce". I used to be an attorney for a software company and our people were pitching our software products to Clausen. Anyone who went to their facility had to sign a confidentiality agreement that they would not disclose anything they saw, heard or learned about pickles while visiting their site.

Posts: 6567 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
name brand Ketchup, salad dressing and tea

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Rosarita Refried Beans. (Zesty Salsa flavor}

I note that a few of you have posted this brand. A couple years ago we discovered La Preferida Refried Beans and have come to “prefer” that brand. You folks might try a can if you see them.

Johnsonville sausage for cooking;
Chobani Greek Yogurt;
There are two or three name brand cottage cheeses I like, but no store brands;
Grey Poupon Dijon mustard;
Planters nuts;
I like Heinz Ketchup too, but switched to their “no sugar added” offering and can’t really taste a difference.

Posts: 13564 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Heinz Ketchup (despite John Kerry marrying into the family)
Heinz 57 Sauce
Plochman's yellow mustard
Sweet Baby Ray's or Montgomery Inn BBQ sauces
NABISCO Fig Newtons, fat free variety
Smucker's
Coca Cola, the Mexican variety with cane sugar.
Captain Crunch for my wife and the grandsons
B&M Baked Beans
Campbell Soups
HP Sauce. Love it on burgers, stuff is not a cheap date though.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8380 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
JIF
Philidelphia cream cheese
Nabisco vanilla wafers
Nabisco Oreos
Hellmann's mayo
Heinz ketchup

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
McCann’s steel cut oats.

Posts: 5748 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Heinz ketchup
Miller Lite
Velveeta

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2040 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Hellman's Mayo.
Franks Red Hot.
Country Bobs.
Aunt Jemima Syrup.
Claussen Pickles.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diet Dr Pepper (or Dr Pepper Ten if available)
Shredded Frosted Mini Wheats
Peanut M&M

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post