SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ford, No More AM Radios
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford, No More AM Radios Login/Join 
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
We get AM pretty well in our town. No FM other than the local town station. Cell streaming can be iffy.

Many of the local buses are electric. They put out so much RF trash that no AM radio reception is possible near them. I expect the move to electrify Ford's fleet is a big part of them dumping AM. Save a tiny bit per vehicle, standardize the equipment across the fleet, and avoid customer complaints about unusable AM radios.

I always enjoyed picking up late night AM from far away while driving.

Posts: 9483 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were driving on the highway recently, listening to talk radio on the AM radio. Every time we passed a commercial truck of any kind, we would get some some pretty intense interference. I don’t know if it has anything to do with Ford and tear decision, but it is a weird coincidence.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I generally listen to talk radio on AM if I am driving between 8-5, then its the Astros in the evenings.

This lack of AM talk radio access will be an issue for me. I dont wish to pay to stream anything, my listening to radio ads is a tradeoff I am willing to make, nothing further.

HK Ag

Posts: 3507 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/...es-meant-emergencies

Still in the news.

I believe it is to silence certain views and dialog, under the technical guise that ev cannot hear am.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5078 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
So are they going to replace all the road signs for Emergency AM information with Spotify or IheartRadio advertising?

We recently used on of those stations while driving through Ohio.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post