SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I do not plan on watching the NFL again this season.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“OXNARD, Calif. (AP) — Dak Prescott's best test yet as the new face of the Cowboys came two days after owner Jerry Jones once again declared that all Dallas players will stand for the national anthem and even said they wouldn't be afforded the alternative of staying in the locker room.

The star quarterback didn't pause or stammer. He didn't stop himself to consider what his peers might think. He made it clear he will stand, and doesn't think it's right to do otherwise.

"Whether I was wearing the star or not, whether I was playing for Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones or any other owner, I believe in what I believe in and that's that," Prescott said Friday in his first session with reporters at training camp…”

https://apnews.com/d77879077e0e4b88a5b15617f24280a9

I like the way this guy looks, too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The NFL can TRY to repair the damage but it won't work. That being said it's good to see business owners actually act like business owners.

The boss dictates to the employee, not the other way around.

And man I am looking forward to college ball. The temp drops, the leaves fall, and there is nothing better than grilling early and sipping a beer on a brisk Saturday morning!

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The damage done is bad enough up to this point; another season of un-American behavior will be tolerated even less by true Americans.

If the NFL wants to have nothing but a league of thugs patronized by stands half full of thugs, so be it. I gave up the NFL with the BLM bullshit, and will likely never be back.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
They let their true colors show, and they were not Red, White, & Blue.

Standing now would just be for show.

Never Forget, it was not a one time event.
The League, Owners, & Players all had multiple opportunities to stand up and show respect.
At each instance they choose not to.

Just to be clear, they are not praying, this is them showing disrespect for Police, The Military, and this Nation.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Words cannot express the vile feeling I have for anyone who disrespects our country.

As a little boy I received my father's flag at his funeral. Although at the time I didn't understand the meaning of the flag over time I have come to deeply appreciate those who have defended us.

I still have that flag almost 50 years later and fly it when appropriate.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
No Fucking Longer for me.

Sundays will be very productive as I never watch the NFL.

posted Hide Post
I'm done with the NFL.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
How could this possibly be so difficult a problem for the NFL to solve?
All the meetings and hand-wringing, over what I see as a very simple matter.

You don't disrespect the flag or the anthem on game day.
It won't be tolerated. Period.

Doesn't matter what your grievances are with the world, on game-day you're not on your own time. Are you with me so far?

Disrespect the flag or the anthem, you don't play that day.
You don't get paid, either.
See how that works? Simple.

If you want to protest the injustices of the world, do it on your own time.

As the NFL commissioner or a team owner, that would be my policy.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My meter still registers nothing...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
If they had dealt with it immediately the very first time Kapernick did it they would have saved a lot of fans and there wouldn’t have been really any pushback from the players union. Because the commissioner is a total moron though who selectively enforces rules and does so with wildly inconsistent punishments this has turned into a no-win situation for the entire league.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Too little, too late....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly!
It would have been so easy to make that simple statement, upfront, when Colin Kaepernick started all of this BS. That's all they had to do. State the policy clearly that if you want to protest the injustices of the world, do it on your own time.
They could have headed the whole thing off and saved half of their fan base from leaving.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Their inaction equated to consent.

The ONLY reason they are trying to reverse course now is because they are losing tons of fans and money.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21846 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my country and put in 20 years of service. These dumb asses what to protest do it on your own time. If you don’t like it here move and take your $$$ with you and don’t come back. Maybe the NFL could build a football field in The Middle East or Europe. London would be ok but don’t expect the big bucks.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing has changed. Still not watching.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Exactly!
It would have been so easy to make that simple statement, upfront, when Colin Kaepernick started all of this BS. That's all they had to do. State the policy clearly that if you want to protest the injustices of the world, do it on your own time.
They could have headed the whole thing off and saved half of their fan base from leaving.
Which is a testament to just how far we've fallen as a society. Political correctness and fear of the mob has so paralyzed even multi-millionaire team owners that the simplest issues, created by the gutter trash and thugs they employ, have become impossible to address, even when they negatively impact the cash flow of the team.

Personally I don't care what the league or owners do at this point. They've shown their true colors and I will never support them again.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
Nothing has changed. Still not watching.

This. The NFL is dead to me.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Mark Styen on Tucker Carlson Tonight, 8/10/2018.

https://www.facebook.com/Tucke...eos/713292619006060/

Hoping the full segment hits YouTube.
It was good.

NFL Players Renew Anthem Protests As 2018 Preseason Starts

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
And I will continue to NOT watch

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post