SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Exactly right. These "slaves" can walk off of these so-called plantations any ol' time they want. That's freedom, baby.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
This proves once again, the age old adage, "Money talks, bullshit walks". If only this was the catalyst for removing Goodell.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Do these idiots think they can't be replaced? There are hordes of hungry young athletes out there who would be more than willing to take their places, and follow the rules to do it. These guys are like potato chips anyway the way they grind em up. They'll just make more.

ESPN and NFL may also be replaced as well. Maybe use the old USFL name?

They are truly that stupid.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
This 'plantation/slavery' stuff is simply the liberal go-to tactic. Whatever the cause, regardless of merit, they wrap it up and present it in language designed to evoke strong emotions (libs generally base EVERYTHING on feelings; not facts).

A couple examples:

Hitler was bad. So, libs compare everybody they don't like to Hitler. Evokes strong feelings from WWII/the Holocaust.

CNN said calling them 'Fake News' is the equivalent of calling them "THE N WORD." Eek Eek This taps into the strong emotions of the REAL Civil Rights movement.

Spoiled rich millionaires playing a silly game are compared to slaves. This is supposed to put EVERYBODY who disagrees with them on the defensive, as NOBODY can rationally defend slavery.

Thus happens so often that I am really not surprised by this latest example. This is designed to put us on the defensive; and most wars are only won by *offensive* action. What we need to do is take a page from President Trump's playbook. Remember during the campaign, when the hag and its people would make these outrageous slanderous charges against The Donald? People would say "he needs to counter these accusations and deny them."

Generally, as I recall events, he just *ignored* the stupid charges, and stayed on HIS offensive. Same applies here. These ludicrous remarks are only strengthening the resolve of us on the right side. It resonates with the idiots and ignorant other side, but I think it will only turn off those in the middle. The average person who thinks for themself will see just how outrageously stupid this remark is, and may come to see our side's point of view. So, I say, let them talk. They are just digging their hole deeper.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do these idiots think they can't be replaced?

1.6% of college football players make it to the NFL

Yeah there is quite a supply of potential applicants. Maybe the owners want to go H1-B to lower operating costs.

Pictures like this look dumb and dumber by the week:

Do they think they are in church ? Are they praying the fans don't despise them so much in the future ?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/...players-forced-stand

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive lineman Gerald McCoy:

McCoy said he does not plan on kneeling during the anthem. But,

"I had two teammates who did it, in Mike Evans and DeSean Jackson. That's their right to do that," McCoy said. "And if they're gonna do it, they're gonna have support of the whole team.

"But if you take that away from them, there's gonna be an uproar. It's just gonna happen, because now it's just like you have a voice at one point, but then you don't at this point. And, that's our right ... it's a constitutional right that we have, and if you take that away, I don't think people are gonna take too kindly to it."

the only way this has anything approaching a happy ending for the NFL, is for kneelers to get fired.

NFL letter today:

"Commentary this morning about the Commissioner's position on the anthem is not accurate," said the league. "As we said yesterday, there will be a discussion of these issues at the owners meeting next week.

The NFL is doing the hard work of trying to move from protest to progress, working to bring people together....Players from around the league will be in New York next week to meet with owners to continue our work together."

"trying to move from protest to progress"

just play football. We don't want your lectures

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
it's a constitutional right that we have,
No, it is not, and it's apparent you're just parrotting the same stupid shit from other stupid people. You do not know what you're talking about, not that you would ever have a clue.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

the only way this has anything approaching a happy ending for the NFL, is for kneelers to get fired.

And in so doing get a first hand schooling on what a Constitutional right actually is and means.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It is a Constitutional right they have, and indeed, we all have, but coupled with the exercise of that right needs to be the expectation of receiving some hate and discontent when your exercise offends others. No one will stop you from making a fool of yourself if you insist, but you may get some grief, as it should be.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is a Constitutional right they have, and indeed, we all have, but coupled with the exercise of that right needs to be the expectation of receiving some hate and discontent when your exercise offends others. No one will stop you from making a fool of yourself if you insist, but you may get some grief, as it should be.

Well said. I told my kids this sort of stuff when they were little, but in simpler words. This sort of stuff is typically learned in grade school, and
high school. It is really not hard to understand.
T

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
^ Yep. A lesson I took from a former coworker was his father's favorite adage: "You don't have to do anything you don't want to do in this life, just be prepared to accept the consequences, good or bad." It seemed like a more realistic life model to build my behavior upon than my own father's "do what I say because I say or I'll whoop your ass."

You don't have to stand for Our National Anthem, but you need to be prepared to accept the consequences of that. It's what a grown man does. I'm not gonna whoop your ass for not standing, I'm just not going to give you my time or money.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These fools are saying that it is their right to protest and that their employer can do nothing to stop them.

That's not true and therefore, all this shit about their "rights" is nonsense.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Fold the league, Free the slaves. I don't want to see these poor souls being kept in million+ dollar bondage.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Maybe they can get the XFL going again. The USFL had too much class for these clowns.

"Constitutional rights" protects you from the government, not from individuals or employers.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Their 'protest' was a passive aggressive train wreck from the start. It wasn't well thought out. It's just something Kap dreamed up to try to stay relevant in San Fran. Kap and his antifa girlfriend probably smile every time one of these guys take a knee. America, with the help of our President, have decided that peeing on the flag is indeed peeing on the flag.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Whenever I hear these clowns about "I know my rights"...all I can see is that guy on the scissor lift/mower driving down the road with a case of beer spouting to the deputy "I know my rights..."

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Whenever I hear these clowns about "I know my rights"...all I can see is that guy on the scissor lift/mower driving down the road with a case of beer spouting to the deputy "I know my rights..."

Drunk Steve

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Replaced?

If the whole NFL went away, I'm sure the United States would manage to survive. What would those cities do without getting held hostage by owners extorting hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars out of them every 10-15 years to build a new stadium?

Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Linked at Drudge, NFL now the 7th most divisive brand in the USA. Article is replete with charts and graphs that I can't post here, so you'll have to go to the NY Times site to read it and see them: LINK

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post