SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Wonder why Goodell has timed his comments today.

Even with a much hyped Star Wars trailer at halftime, last night's Monday Night Football posted the lowest ratings this season. The downward spiral has been non stop since last year.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/vi...nfl-espn-1202185363/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Report: NFL to consider rule change requiring players to stand for anthem
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sport...r-AAtgOPC?li=BBnb7Kz

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Proven to be phonies, one & all.
Should have never shown disrespect to our country & those that served, continue to serve & will serve in the future.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
Zero fucks given.

They are dead to me. They could march in formation and swear a blood oath to the flag and all military / LEOs - I would still tell them to eat shit.

posted Hide Post
Watching the start of the Canadiens/Blackhawks game. The whole arena stood for our anthem. And they are in Canada.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I wish all the right thinking fans in the stadium would sing the Star Spangled Banner with heartfelt gusto, all the stanzas.
And then boo the GDC kneelers.
And then file ouf the stadium in silent disdain for those racist commie bastards.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
Zero fucks given.

They are dead to me. They could march in formation and swear a blood oath to the flag and all military / LEOs - I would still tell them to eat shit.

Couldn't have expressed me feelings any better. As an aging retiree I have found that sports that used to tickle my fancy in my younger days have morphed into unsportsmanlike thug fests with protests and unsightly celebratory excesses. Not my cuppa by a long shot... screw 'em all!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The thuggery on & off the field, acting like buffoons when a play is made or TD became unbearable. I enjoy the Service Academy games and how they carry themselves & their coaches.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
The thuggery on & off the field, acting like buffoons when a play is made or TD became unbearable.

Yup. I don't really care what any of these buffoons protest about off the field on their own time, but nobody in the league has ANY credibility to use the game as a public platform for this nonsense.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Too little too late to get back this little nuclear family unit. We stand with our backs to the NFL, since we're all being signifying with our postures and whatnot.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
From Adam Scheftler's Facebook page

[QUOTE] Adam Schefter

ESPN obtained following letter that Roger Goodell sent to NFL teams within past 30 minutes:

To: Chief Executives/ Club Presidents
Date: October 10, 2017
Re: Fall Meeting/National Anthem

...This would include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues, and that will help to promote positive change in our country....

Yahoo has it as well
https://sports.yahoo.com/roger...rding-174259696.html

The video below provides a little recap on some core issues important to the players, beyond cops murdering black men and getting paid leave.

It will be good for the NFL to provide a platform for their players and the NFL Logo in a sign of unity on these issues. Roll Eyes

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/RZSlknTp0o8

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
California’s Breakup With the NFL
As the Rams and Chargers struggle to gain a foothold in Los Angeles, the 49ers also deal with questions about fan support
https://www.wsj.com/articles/c...l-1507650531?tesla=y

By swapping human fans in San Diego for profitable empty seats in Los Angeles, the Chargers have become a case study in whether a professional sports team can survive without fans.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/...-post-fan-experiment

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24121 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
The outlet also pointed out that Ditka’s teammates on the Bears faced “discrimination and bigotry” in the mid-1960s so significant that the story was turned into the 1971 TV movie Brian’s Song.

That's bullchit. Brian's Song was a movie about the friendship between Gayle Sayers and his friend Brian Piccolo who was dying of cancer. It was the story of a great friendship between a black man and a white man who were teammates.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Add me to the group of people that say it's too late to try to fix this by the NFL. I have zero plans on watching any games this year at all now.

Cancelled my Sunday Ticket before the season started, and any thoughts of getting it again were nullified by the stupid protests and the inaction of the NFL to do anything about it.

What pisses me off the most is the team that I've been a fan of since I was a kid is one of the main ring leaders in this bullshit now...the Seahawks. Bennett and his bullshit story can go fuck himself, I wouldn't mind one single bit if they cut him tomorrow. The guy is a cancer and I'm sick of hearing about his crap.

Fuck 'em all. I haven't watched a single snap this season and I honestly do not miss it one single bit. This is one of the better football seasons in recent memory for me. I can get used to this.

Posts: 685 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good grief. Just what in the world do these people think they're doing?? It is no exaggeration at all to call these people delusional. Truly.

ESPN's Wilbon Compares Jerry Jones to Slaveowner Over NFL Protests

quote:
"The word that comes to mind, and I don't care who doesn't like me using it, is 'plantation'," he said. "The players are here to serve me, they will do what I want no matter how much I pay them."

"They are not equal to me. That’s what this says to me and to mine," Wilbon said, imitating what he assessed as Jones' thoughts.

Delusional

Oh, yes, these players making millions of dollars to play a game with a little ball are "slaves". Is it any wonder that long-time fans of pro football are telling these prima donnas to shove it?

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Winning

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
espn? Ebony Sports Network?

Extra-terrestrial Space Network? Some of those talking heads really must either be from outer space, or posses a vast air space between their ears.

Time to play more with my toys; radios, camera's and trains. Or learn a new skill since my job is going to India.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As my dear old dad would say, these people can't see the forest for the trees.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Enslave me for a few million a year. Please!

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Good grief. Just what in the world do these people think they're doing?? It is no exaggeration at all to call these people delusional. Truly.

ESPN's Wilbon Compares Jerry Jones to Slaveowner Over NFL Protests

quote:
"The word that comes to mind, and I don't care who doesn't like me using it, is 'plantation'," he said. "The players are here to serve me, they will do what I want no matter how much I pay them."

"They are not equal to me. That’s what this says to me and to mine," Wilbon said, imitating what he assessed as Jones' thoughts.

Delusional

Oh, yes, these players making millions of dollars to play a game with a little ball are "slaves". Is it any wonder that long-time fans of pro football are telling these prima donnas to shove it?

The highest payed most important employee in any business is not equal to the guy who signs his check. That's the way it works Wilbon, you fucking twit. That's the way it's always worked and will always work. It's called the "Golden Rule", the guy who has the gold makes the fucking rules you dumbass. Now if you don't want any of his gold you are free to speak your mind, defy his rules and be shown the door. That's were the freedom part kicks in. You are all free to seek your multimillion dollar payouts elsewhere.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post