SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas? Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Not looking good for ole Francis when Slate Magazine offers up this type of commentary on the last debate. Smile

Beto O’Rourke Couldn’t Land a Punch at His Final Debate With Ted Cruz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I just spent two short days at a family event on Lake Livingston outside of Houston.

Caught the local TV commercials about this race, overheard a few conversations, participated in a few more about the topic. No one there was a fan of Beto, not even a fairly liberal cousin who is a college professor and her emigrant husband from El Salvador (a real brown person).

The rest of them are regular middle of the road Texas conservative folks anyway, two of whom carry concealed pistols daily, one of whom is a Vietnam era Marine, and none of them are buying what Beto is selling. So in my non-scientific tests Cruz's base is holding...

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Monday's Trump Rally has been moved from the NRG Arena to the Toyota Center:

Mon, October 22, 2018
Houston, TX

06:30 pm (CDT)

DOORS OPEN 3:30PM (CDT)
Toyota Center
1510 Polk Street
Houston, TX 77002

Register for the Rally:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/r...m_content=rally_list[/url

quote:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I know Ted Cruz is doing well in the polls now but I sent him another $50 donation. Even though I don't live in Texas he has done so much for our Second Amendment rights and he is a strong conservative voice in the senate who has been behind President Trump 100 percent.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Thank you, grumpy. I'm not a Texas resident either, but I appreciate that nonetheless.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait to vote on Monday for early voting. I just started watching the second debate between Beto and Cruz. It is funny how Beto is trying to be on the attack against Cruz calling him “Lying Ted” but also never gives a true answer to any question. Cruz gives very well articulated answers to each question. Goodbye Beto!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Thank you grumpy1

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fucking ignorant, ridiculous children. You're saying NOTHING! The words coming out of your mouth mean NOTHING, you freaking IDIOTS!!

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:

Blue wave? .... Houstonians started lining up on Sunday for a 3:30 gate open 6:30 pm event. I have heard between 77K to 100K entry tickets have been requested online for an 18K seat venue. They are going to have large screens outside now and a tailgate food truck area. Now it is in the 50's here in Houston (which is cold for us) and folks are super excited. My wife and I were planning to take off work to go but it seems doubtful we will get in to the arena now.

Lots of excitement in HTown for Trump and Cruz given all this.

Suck it Beto!

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Hoooo boy!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/sYvEnYlxj9g

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the "Me" Generation sliding into senescence.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
when the venue for the Cruz rally was switched to The Toyota Center, posts on the Huffington Post made fun of the fact Toyota Center holds 18,000, but the largest Texas stadium holds 102,000.

But now

https://www.breitbart.com/midt...-cruz-rally-houston/

President Donald Trump’s supporters began lining up and camping out 24 hours before Monday’s rally in Houston, Texas, which has received at least 100,000 signups for the 18,000-person venue.

Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Hoooo boy!

Good God almighty!!

I cannot imagine having a meaningful conversation with these cretins. And some are old enough to know better!
Link to original video: https://youtu.be/sYvEnYlxj9g

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Watching it live right now on YouTube.

Cornyn just was talking. Boring. Wow, like a corpse.

Dan Patrick (TX Lt governor) just finished talking firing up the crowd right now.

Lara Trump just started.

Q

Posts: 26396 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A pure "barn burner" rally! New 10% tax reduction for the middle class. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Trump is taking it to the “fake media”! Go DJT!!!

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
President Trump highlighted that Beto by his real name is a “Stone Cold Phony!!”, love it.

HK Ag