SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I could use a couple of BBQ tips.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I could use a couple of BBQ tips. Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Resting the brisket is nearly as important as the cook itself.

Waiting is one of the hardest things a man can do.
Thank God for beer.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
You won't regret it.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
The brisket came out great. I finished it in the oven overnight. It was 200 degrees when I put in a cooler at 8 AM. It stayed hot and went back in the oven at 170 at about noon. The party was at 2 and the brisket kept hot until 8 PM when we finished eating. I only got one crappy picture before I was too drunk to bother. I got numerous compliments so I'd say it was a success.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post