SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ATV Riders in Detroit taunt police, rider dies in accident on city streets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATV Riders in Detroit taunt police, rider dies in accident on city streets Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The other day I was at the stop and rob and watch this young girl leave with her little brother on the back and one in diapers sitting on the gas tank and thier bags of stuff hanging on the bars. Rode it about 1/2 mile back to the trailer park.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
limfac

Confused

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Limiting factor

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I had a few pursuits with ATVs over the years, but I finally stopped due to potential damage to the unit, danger to the public and due to liability of chasing a kid who may get injured, killed or cause damage.

Every now and then, I would assist another officer, but when I was in charge, I'd call the officers off of their ATV pursuits because it just wasn't worth it.

I would stop and talk with ATV owners at residences or out and about to gather information on the ATVs themselves, the riders, any information they can provide to what they see and hear, etc. It helped a lot over the years so I didn't have to chase them anymore to catch traffic violators, stolen ATVs and the riders who were using them for other crimes like thefts and burglaries.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Shit, I'm all for more organ donors, there are so many people on the waitlists as it is.
Not when that asshole organ donor is plowing into my truck to facilitate his donation.
Yeah, it was mostly sarcasm.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a handful of decades riding ATVs, starting with the Honda 3-Wheelers. Most of my riding is plodding through the woods at lower speeds.

The idea of ATVs on the streets of Detroit seems a mismatch. I do support allowing ATVs on the edge of rural roads as one navigates out to the Bush.

As posted, much falls back to the operator. Some people like to do stupid stuff, occasionally stupid hurts or kills.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Justice for Dae Dae? The real justice is he removed himself from the gene pool before he could graduate to something more serious.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Perfectly legal around here provided you meet a few requirements. I don't have a problem with it, but it seems rather pointless as most of them get worse mileage that a regular vehicle.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Justice for Dae Dae? The real justice is he removed himself from the gene pool before he could graduate to something more serious.

Or have another 5-15 kids out of wedlock. Wink

Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It isn’t the ATVs that are the problem here. ATVs are street legal in parts of Europe and sometimes in rural parts of America. I loved seeing plated Raptors on the streets of Copenhagen. I would legalize them everywhere if it were up to me. How is a Honda Grom more road worthy than a Raptor 700R? Confused

Didn’t Boss Hogg get Roscoe and Enos a pair of Honda trikes at one point?

Here in Utah, UTV’s are legal, and I thought they legalized ATVs back when gas shot up. I could be wrong.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not the vehicle, it's the idiot driver. Same as everything else.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:

Harvard? Wink

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Perfectly legal around here provided you meet a few requirements. I don't have a problem with it, but it seems rather pointless as most of them get worse mileage that a regular vehicle.

Could it be a matter of licensing and insurance? Around here we see a lot of mopeds -- folks have nicknamed them "liquor sickles" because many of the riders can't keep a driver's license due to drinking problems. Maybe the cause for ATV usage is similar? Crummy fuel mileage, but really low insurance costs (if insured at all)?

God bless America.

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
This goes on in large cities frequently.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy fix.

Free fire zones.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Floyd,
That’s what double ought buck is made for!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
These FUCKS!!! (exclamation point) have no respect. They block off roads, race, act like entitled FUCKS, block off roads, surround cars, act like assholes. It should be 1000% legal and open season to blow these FUCKS away with a shotgun, and a $1000 bounty from the govt for turned in ears.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post