SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New male Kitten, need suggestions for a Name..
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
New male Kitten, need suggestions for a Name.. Login/Join 
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Andy


Cool Cool


...
 
Posts: 1822 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
wrightd, all is well. Just having a bit of fun with you.
 
Posts: 114993 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I came up with the name Andy, because I have a cat named Andy. Let me tell you how this came about.

Many of you know that we had a neighborhood cat give birth to three kittens in our house in March- two females and one male, The two females are identical twins, and the male looks like his older brother Feeny

The male was the runt of the litter, so he came by the name of Munchkin. The two female identical twins, I named Anna and Bella (A and B. Simple, yes?)

Well, one day, a couple of months ago, Anna jumps up on the arm of the couch, looking at my wife. I was in a chair next to the couch, so the cat's ass was facing me, and what do I see, but a pair of testicles.

Yep

Now, I am not saying I'm proficient in biology but I'm at least Kindergarten Cop-level: boys have a penis, girls have a vagina. But for some four months, both my wife and I missed the sack on this kitty. I suppose we checked once, and with these two being otherwise identical twins, we made the mistake of checking one cat (Bella) twice, and the other, not at all.

And that's my story of creeping senility, and how Anna became Andy.

Hey, it could happen to you, alright? Roll Eyes

BTW, the mama of Feeny and the three kittens, who we call O.G. (that's another story)- we had her fixed a couple of months back. No more kitties coming out of Fertile Myrtle. She's retired now, and spend her days lounging on our patio.
 
Posts: 114993 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Seeaytee is my submission..

Or you could just abbreviate it by spelling it CAT (see what I did there?)

This came about when I was in college and met a girl whose dog was named Deohgee…Sorry…


------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina
 
Posts: 7393 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Jace
Jasper



Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin
 
Posts: 4234 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Krull the Warrior King

(Just a joke>>> If you've seen "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days")



.
 
Posts: 10294 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Claude (clawed)

Thor


-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
 
Posts: 9262 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
A bit late to the thread, but I like to wait a month to determine a new pet's personality. Scrambles would have been the name I gave our latest gato, had the wifey and grands not already named him as Moe. Moe is ridiculous. Doesn't know the difference between NO!

He is a natural born killer though. He drug a baby squirrel into our indoor corner jacuzzi hot tub, and they fought to the death with blood streaks up and down all sides inside of the tub. Blood everywhere, with squirrel intestines drug across the floor. Other days, he he crawls in the bed and curls up like a kitten. He is always offering us gifts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cope,


----------------------------
Time Makes Us Wise.

 
Posts: 1946 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Duke





Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
 
Posts: 8055 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Claude (clawed)


Also a Warner Bros. cartoon character.
 
Posts: 32116 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Waffles.
 
Posts: 27722 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Oscar was a beautiful fluffy black feral cat when he adopted me. I was one of the dog only people until he came along. Can’t keep my hands off him.
 
Posts: 245 | Registered: April 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I came up with the name Andy, because I have a cat named Andy. Let me tell you how this came about.

Many of you know that we had a neighborhood cat give birth to three kittens in our house in March- two females and one male, The two females are identical twins, and the male looks like his older brother Feeny

The male was the runt of the litter, so he came by the name of Munchkin. The two female identical twins, I named Anna and Bella (A and B. Simple, yes?)

Well, one day, a couple of months ago, Anna jumps up on the arm of the couch, looking at my wife. I was in a chair next to the couch, so the cat's ass was facing me, and what do I see, but a pair of testicles.

Yep

Now, I am not saying I'm proficient in biology but I'm at least Kindergarten Cop-level: boys have a penis, girls have a vagina. But for some four months, both my wife and I missed the sack on this kitty. I suppose we checked once, and with these two being otherwise identical twins, we made the mistake of checking one cat (Bella) twice, and the other, not at all.

And that's my story of creeping senility, and how Anna became Andy.

Hey, it could happen to you, alright? Roll Eyes

BTW, the mama of Feeny and the three kittens, who we call O.G. (that's another story)- we had her fixed a couple of months back. No more kitties coming out of Fertile Myrtle. She's retired now, and spend her days lounging on our patio.

Ah, I remember your kitten story from a while back. That's very funny, about Anna reverting back to his swinging name, Andy.

Anyway I kept my promise and floated the name Andy in my house and I got nothin. In fact, nobody in the house has come up with a name, which is surprising with a house full of women who love cats.

So our last cat's name was Ruger and he had 19 years of a great cat life. I originally named him that since at the time I was probably messing around with one of my Rugers, who knows.

So for the new guy, I thought about Remington, but it didn't resonate in my mind the same way Ruger did. After a while I called him "Remmy", a shortcut of sorts for "Remington", and it seems to be sticking. So I'm going to call him Remmy until someone in the household, all bonafide cat whisperers, sees otherwise. So if anyone in the house gets mad at him for being a cat, they can call him Remington, but if you're calling him to come play or eat or whatever makes a cat think he should heed your call for whatever damn good reason kitty seems fit, it's looking like we're gonna call him Remmy.

Anyway Para, now I see how you came to suggest Andy. The origin of that name for your cat is pretty damn funny. Just thinking about the cat turning around like that, it's hilarious. For that situation, it would be a crime to name him anything else after he came out of the closet like that. I'm laughing just picturing that situation in my mind.

Anyway, what are you guys using these days to post pics and video ? I don't normally post pics or video to the internet, but for Remmy's sake, and all the great names you guys put out in this post, it's the least I should do to honor all the great Sigforum members who love their animals, and kitty cats in particular.




Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
 
Posts: 10121 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Going to name my next one

Toke



If things changed, things would be different.
 
Posts: 4484 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Call it Cujo! I am sure it will get your neighbor's attention as you call for it.
 
Posts: 1459 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of jehzsa
posted Hide Post
https://www.namedat.com/cat-names/remmy.html


***************************
Knowing more by accident than on purpose.
 
Posts: 14275 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Reynard

I know he was a fox in medieval fables. Still ...

You could make it Reynaldo.



... stirred anti-clockwise.
 
Posts: 2399 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
Well now that we’ve seen how cute it is I think the name is really obvious… Guatemala Spatchcock!

You’re welcome. Big Grin
 
Posts: 622 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New male Kitten, need suggestions for a Name..

© SIGforum 2026