SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I feel like I lost my best friend...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I feel like I lost my best friend... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
so sorry to hear about your loss!!

my oldest cat is close, having seizures daily!

i say a prayer every night, being thankful for every day he's still with me!

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for the loss of your companion Rick.
Godspeed good dog !

Posts: 789 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I’m glad for the time that you’ve had together. Good memories.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the kind words. It really means a lot! Much appreciated.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
We lost Frank a little over a year ago, he was 14 and not in great health, 14 is elderly for a mini schnauzer. His brother has somewhat recovered.

Losing a pet is trash. Once Fizgig is gone we might take a break.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Know the hurt had my Rosie for 23 years and then lost Mickey.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
A pet is a family member. It is so very difficult to lose one and I am so sorry for your loss. Cherish the memories you have together. I know that doesn’t make the loss any easier. She probably was feeling pretty bad as animals always try to put on a good face and there was no way for her to recover so you helped her end her suffering and will see her again. RIP Izzy. Frown

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Terrible and sad news---condolences sent.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry and have gone through losing a faithful friend, a part of the family. So I know the hurt you are feeling. Time will slow the tears, but the heart will always hold a spot for them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Pets are a proud member of the family and their loss is felt the same as any other family member.
Enjoy the time and memories your pet supplied.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry Frown

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very sorry Rick. That is so tough. Went through it again recently. It really, really hurt as he was a young boy.
Glad you had so many great years together.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My concolences. Two of my indoor cats are now 15 years old (littermate sisters) and their brother died a couple of years ago. I am wondering when I will be facing their demise. It's not easy to lose a dear pet.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
That’s awful. We lost out furry pal last year, and the feelings still some back out of nowhere sometimes. I know how you are feeling, and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. You have my sincere condolences.

- Bret

Posts: 2465 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
My deepest sympathies…they are a family member and the loss is painful.

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you. It hurts. But remember the unconditional love they always provide.

My only hound currently is 14. I dread the day...

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
So many great people on this forum! Thank you all for the kindness. I helps to read these kind words from everyone.

-Rick

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Rip Izzy. It’s never easy and sounds like you both had many years of joy.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post