SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I feel like I lost my best friend...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I feel like I lost my best friend... Login/Join 
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted
We had to put our dog Izzy down yesterday. She stopped eating 5 days ago. After a bunch of tests, she had a mass in her stomach and it had spread to her liver.

We had her 15 1/2 years. So she lived a nice long life. I just can't believe how heartbroken I am. It's so amazing what these four legged friends do to us. How attached we become to them. I feel like I lost my best friend. I am sitting here typing this and looking down for her at my feet.

I am really going to miss you Izzy! So long my friend.

Thanks. I just needed to say that.

-Rick

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Losing family is never easy. Condolences.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My condolences, Rick_Perry Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sad news. My condolences to you.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your family's loss. Dogs are noble animals and owning one (or more) improves us as humans.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. I still miss each and every one of my past pets.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss. They are certainly family.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
They give us so much love, and they are gone all too soon.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Izzy was blessed to have such a long life with her caring owner / companion. Any Rick you as well with Izzy, but man is it sad when we loose our pet! My condolences.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
So very sorry for your loss. Furry ones can be best friends.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am truly sorry for your loss. Amazing dogs are like children.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I hate these sad threads.

Sorry for your loss.

The way I got over the loss of my dog was to get a new puppy a few months later.

Again sorry.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Just went through this 6 days ago for the first time. Me and the Missus worked from home for a full week when our golden suddenly lost use of her back legs and left front.

It took two of us, me to carry her up/down stairs and both of us to "walk" her for bathroom breaks in a sling. Vet prescribed meds didn't help in the end.

Maybe I've lived a privileged life, but it's the hardest thing I've ever experienced. With no children, we were very close with her and the house feels empty like never before.

Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry. I’m struggling right now with a relatively young dog who has undiagnosed intermittent pain. It’s awful, but I’m really hoping we will find something soon, otherwise I’m staring at the same conclusion.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. I know how you feel after losing your pup. I have had to put down too many of my best friends.

I recently almost had to put down my best boy Hannibal. He is a 120 pound long coat GSD who is 9 years old. His liver was failing and he was so sick and we had no idea why or how he got sick. The Vet sent us to a hospital and three days and $7k later he was looking a little better.

I felt guilty about even considering the money I would spend on a nine year old dog until I went home to an empty house. My house was not a home without my boy. It was horrible.

Happily, Hannibal seems okay a month after his treatment. I selfishly hope I can stay with him for three or four more years but big dogs have limited time with us. So I wake up every day and check on him and I consider every day from here on out as icing on the cake!

I agree with PR64 above. I get another dog as soon as I can after losing my last. No better way to get over losing a best friend than to have to try and keep up with a new puppy in the house.

Best wishes for you and your family!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear it, Rick. My condolences. Frown

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear the sad news. I'm glad you shared a wonderful 15 years together.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
So sorry. We have a cat that is approaching that time, and we are not looking forward to it.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry, cherish the memories.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post