SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Seems the "mostly peaceful" protesters broke into a locked gate and trespassed onto private property, then threatened the property owner with death, arson, and various other crimes. I'm not sure exactly if those threats were made before or after he displayed the AR-15. The couple doesn't appear to have cellphone video of the event, but hopefully the house has security cameras that can help establish the timeline, and not just the selective video of the trespassers.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I guess the moral of the story is to keep the weapons hidden until the protesters start breaking into your house and attacking, then defend yourself in accordance with the law...?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No worries you are in Florida.

I guess it is like those John Wayne movies when they know the Indians are gonna attack. You put the weapons by the window until they get close enough then pick them off one by one.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
[IMG]https:...

"Peaceful protestors" that tore down an iron gate to storm private property. Possibly at least two were armed and approached the McCloskeys. Their lives were threatened, as well as their dog and their property.

That is criminal behavior, but the victims are on trial because a militant fascist thug has power.

Posts: 8598 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

At 18000sq feet I would respectfully disagree that they would have to be multi millionaires. It was rundown when they bought it but have spent millions restoring it. Taxes alone are probably over $100,000 a year.

Uhhh, yeah. Never mind what I said. They're clearly very wealthy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

As suggested by the McCloskey's attorney, I do
think she intends to charge them....

What will they be charged with, self-defense, protection of private property, failure to allow a criminal mob to take over their private neighborhood?

Posts: 8598 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I guess it is like those John Wayne movies when they know the Indians are gonna attack. You put the weapons by the window until they get close enough then pick them off one by one.
You've been cooped up too long watching movies. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got that right. The governor just gave an order for wearing masks come Monday. I figure I better watch John Wayne movies before the left condemns his films.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the old adage about being the first to call the police after an altercation, whether fair or not the first to call is often viewed as the victim vs the perpetrator. In hindsight maybe they would’ve been better off calling first then bringing out the guns as a last resort, even if the law technically allows for immediate defense. And the prosecutor is a low life scumbag lest anyone think I’m defending them at all.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Chellim’s post of the article on the Faust mansion was really revealing.
The contents of the house are priceless.
Too bad the McCloskeys used poor judgement out of fear, brandishing their guns in the yard instead of staying inside; but also see how it would be hard to defend that place.
I understand they called the police and the police didn’t respond.

I found an article on Kim Gardner and her railroading of former governor Greitens.
Link

You locals know all about this, but she sounds like a lawyer’s version of Al Sharpton.

Posts: 18011 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was clear from the video that neither McCloskey nor his wife had any idea how to hold, let alone use a firearm.

Perhaps best to do that before posing for a sea of cell phone cameras looking stupid.

Standing in front of his house with the rifle at his hip, rambo style, he looked like a scared rabbt with a stick. Not really intimidating, and his wife was lucky she didn't shoot herself.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
It was clear from the video that neither McCloskey nor his wife had any idea how to hold, let alone use a firearm.

Perhaps best to do that before posing for a sea of cell phone cameras looking stupid.

Standing in front of his house with the rifle at his hip, rambo style, he looked like a scared rabbt with a stick. Not really intimidating, and his wife was lucky she didn't shoot herself.

Their house didn't get broken into or vandalized and the protesters seems to stay off their lawn. I think they looked stupid too but it worked. Hopefully after this incident they will get the training they need. Tony Cowden offered to give them free classes.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They both muzzle swept each other and she had her finger on the trigger. Apparently the pistol was nonfunctional. It is not that I am a Pro, but I have had considerable training and these things were pounded into my head.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Oh for F's sake. Enough of this high-horse bullshit. We get it. They're not gun folks. Who gives a shit? That's not the point even in the least.

And I don't think they used any poor judgment. Not at all. Not considering the situation they were in at that exact moment with the shit they just witnessed in St. Louis with the cops doing absolutely nothing.

I applaud them. Even if they are stinking Democrats.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

As suggested by the McCloskey's attorney, I do
think she intends to charge them....

What will they be charged with, self-defense, protection of private property, failure to allow a criminal mob to take over their private neighborhood?

Nothing will happen to them it's just grandstanding on the part of one of George Soros's cronies. Just another waste of tax payers money.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Oh for F's sake. Enough of this high-horse bullshit. We get it. They're not gun folks. Who gives a shit? That's not the point even in the least.

And I don't think they used any poor judgment. Not at all. Not considering the situation they were in at that exact moment with the shit they just witnessed in St. Louis with the cops doing absolutely nothing.

I applaud them. Even if they are stinking Democrats.

Totally agree. Considering one of the BLM/Antifa protestors killed someone two blocks from their house the night before and of course no one saw anything. By them showing everyone that they weren't going to put up with the b.s. I think it showed the country that most people, even ultra liberal democrats were sick of the nonsense.

I think the fact that they were democrats made the point hit home even more as they couldn't be passed off as some gun loving Trump supporters ready to fire on black people (the crowd was 90% white).

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Will be on Watter's World next segment...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23932 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I applaud them too. For more reasons than one

Posts: 19495 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I have read several articles that mention this attorney's donations to Democrats, and that he supports BLM.

So while I believe it's bullshit in concept, it appears to be another leftist being eaten by his own.

quote:
The only reason it happened is because the cops tasked with this job didn’t tell their superiors to go fuck themselves.

Outside of a few sheriffs, have you seen this happen a single time during all of this?

All of what? The protests? The ‘Rona? Can you cite when they didn’t? Seen a few PD’s and police unions telling the politicians/city admin. they were not going to follow unlawful orders. Or call in with the “blue flu”.

Posts: 4020 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I applaud them too. For more reasons than one

Wow. Never would've expected that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)