SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Don't even start to think that I am not totally supportive of the
MCCloskey's defense of their RESIDENCE and themselves against the GDC mobs.

But, I just find the irony delicious. Am I a bad person?

http://ww.mccloskeylaw.com/www...mises-Liability.html

Premises Liability Claims in Missouri
Counsel from a Proven St. Louis Personal Injury Attorney
"Premises liability" describes personal injury claims against property owners and managers who failed to provide safe conditions for people welcomed or allowed on their property. For some, premises liability, is synonymous with "slip and fall" incidents, but in reality, these claims can cover nearly any kind of injury.
For 25 years, our St. Louis injury lawyers at McCloskey Law Center have been standing beside victims of dangerous conditions they never should have been exposed to in the first place. Over that time, we have again and again held negligent property owners responsible and allowed victims to move on from their injury with the relief and dignity that they deserve.
Start exploring your legal options today. Contact our firm for a free consultation!
Types of Premises Liability Claims
Types of accidents and injuries that can be addressed in a premises liability claim include:
Slippery or uneven surfaces Swimming pool liability Trip and fall hazards
Deterioration of ceilings and floors (open holes, falling plaster, etc.) Structural collapse
Escalator malfunction Falling or dropped objects (box stores) FiresFood poisoning
Improper accumulation of water and ice Improper or lack of handrails or barricades
Inadequate or lack of security Assaults or rapes
Overly Aggressive Security Guards Or Bouncers
Assault or attack by customers or staff

Commonly, premises liability claims are pursued by customers or patrons of retail establishments, bars and nightclubs, malls, hotels, restaurants, and garages and lots, but these claims can also apply to apartments, work places, schools, and
even residences.

As long as the dangerous conditions should have been reasonably addressed by the owners or managers, you may have grounds for a claim.
If you believe your injury was due directly to the irresponsibility of a property owner, then contact our firm today.

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
heck it might have been a planned publicity stunt, (although reading their bio here, doubtful) so basically, if nobody reports it, no harm no foul, if they report them with pictures and video they get to be on Tee Vee for free.

Sure he knows the law well enough to stay inside the boundaries, and that the City/County Attorney is so far left they'll react, take their guns, then they get to run the free media gauntlet of having rights violated, and how he'll help anyone who owns a firearm if they feel the government has intruded on their rights, only $5000 retainer, $500 an hour,

It's 'merica baby Call McCloskey Law on your cell by dialing 42A or online at savemyguns.com ....

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Kim Gardner is overstepping the office she was elected to serve. She is the criminal here.

Just curious, do you think the situation would be different if, all else being the same, Kim Gardner were white and the McCloskeys were black? (Rhetorical, of course.)

I think things would be different if Gardner weren’t bought and placed there by fucking Soros.
I think these folks have the financial wherewithal to hand this bitch her ass when she charges them. Then I’ll pop some corn and crack a beer. When the righteous are charged and the evil are freed, these politicians need to be removed and crushed. To do otherwise only gets us more of the same.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1115 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Disgrace': Trump condemns treatment of St. Louis couple who pulled guns on protesters and teases action

https://www.washingtonexaminer...rs-and-teases-action

President Trump defended the St. Louis couple who drew guns on protesters marching through their neighborhood late last month and hinted that he may take action in the case.

In a Tuesday interview with Townhall, Trump said the couple, Mark and Patricia McCloskey, were in harm's way and alluded that they were in the right to defend themselves with their personal firearms.

"They were going to be beat up badly if they were lucky, OK, if they were lucky," he said. "They were going to be beat up badly, and the house was going to be totally ransacked and probably burned down like they tried to burn down churches. These people were standing there, never used it, and they were legal, the weapons," Trump said. "And now I understand somebody local, they want to prosecute these people. It’s a disgrace."

The McCloskeys drew their weapons on June 28 outside their home as protesters marched through their gated neighborhood, demanding the resignation of St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson. The couple have defended themselves and claimed the protesters were threatening to kill them and take over their property.

Mark McCloskey has also previously said he supports the Black Lives Matter movement, which resurged after the May 25 death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody, and that their decision to draw weapons had nothing to do with race.

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner, a Democrat, said she was investigating the McCloskeys after the incident, adding that she was "alarmed" by what she saw in the footage of the incident. Gardner took the side of the protesters, saying they were met with "violent assault" when the McCloskeys drew weapons on them.

Trump also called Missouri Gov. Mike Parson on Tuesday and said he would try and do "everything in his power" in the McCloskey case, according to St. Louis-based FOX 2.

“That couple had every right to protect their property," Parson said. "They had the ability to do that as private citizens, like everyone else. What they should not go through is a prosecutor attempting to take their constitutional rights away by filing charges against them for protecting their property."

"I just got off the phone with the president before I walked out here today. He understands the situation in Missouri. He understands the situation in St. Louis and how out of control it is for a prosecutor to let violent criminals off, and not do their job, and attack law-abiding citizens," he added. "The conversation I had with the president said that he would do everything within his power to help with this situation. He would be taking action to do that. I am thankful he is getting involved in this situation. I am thankful that he is going to stand up for people and their legal rights."

Al Watkins, the attorney for the McCloskeys, transferred one of their firearms to the police. Authorities reportedly wanted the gun in their possession to be sure that it wasn't operable. Watkins took the gun as evidence after the incident in case charges were filed.

Posts: 12562 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
If the St. Louis jury pool seems rotten, can the defendant(s) request a change of venue or bench trial?
How would a change of venue matter? Leftists are coming out of the group think woodwork and they are more than willing to lie cheat and steal for their cause. Ask Roger Stone he will tell ya. The bigger question is what is an honorable citizen to do in this version of America with liberals willing to throw themselves off cliffs to fight for their causes and police afraid to do their job? Its a shit show for sure and a lot of injustice is about to be doled out.

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
What are the odds that mansion will looted out and burned if they are taken into custody?

Then the arsonists and looters are never caught.

I think the odds of that lie between slim and none. The private, gated streets of St. Louis' Central West End are not looter territory; this is not Ferguson. I was in an adjacent part of the CWE neighborhood this morning for breakfast, and decided to take a walk by Portland Place to see what the gates looked like. They have been replaced in their original positions, and have had new (I assume temporary) second sets of gates placed in front of the originals. The McCloskey property is the first on its side of the street and borders Kingshighway Blvd. It has an eight- or ten-foot stone wall along that border. It would be no mean feat to get into Portland from that entrance again, and if it looked like it was going to happen, I can assure you there would be some serious police presence. Not to mention that the McCloskey's, by all accounts, are quite wealthy. If they were going to be absent for a length of time, I imagine they'd hire a small army to protect the property.

Posts: 2686 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:

I think the odds of that lie between slim and none. The private, gated streets of St. Louis' Central West End are not looter territory; this is not Ferguson. I was in an adjacent part of the CWE neighborhood this morning for breakfast, and decided to take a walk by Portland Place to see what the gates looked like. They have been replaced in their original positions, and have had new (I assume temporary) second sets of gates placed in front of the originals. The McCloskey property is the first on its side of the street and borders Kingshighway Blvd. It has an eight- or ten-foot stone wall along that border. It would be no mean feat to get into Portland from that entrance again, and if it looked like it was going to happen, I can assure you there would be some serious police presence. Not to mention that the McCloskey's, by all accounts, are quite wealthy. If they were going to be absent for a length of time, I imagine they'd hire a small army to protect the property.

It's not been that long that the SLPD were known as head knockers and lord knows many heads needed knocking. The weren't killers but they policed and were respected as such. They kept the CWE viable, that was to everyone's advantage in St.Louis.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8307 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
St. Louis police apply for warrants in McCloskey case

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Good way to lose support from everyone.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I don't want to see guns out when people are very hostile and angry at each other....Those are recipes for violence, and so, again, we applied on the warrant"

Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8775 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
"I don't want to see guns out when people are very hostile and angry at each other....Those are recipes for violence, and so, again, we applied on the warrant" Roll Eyes

I rolled my eyes at the exact same quote. what an idiot. When the calls for his department to be defunded are shouted, I will happily let him reap what he has sowed.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
"I don't want to see guns out when people are very hostile and angry at each other....Those are recipes for violence, and so, again, we applied on the warrant"

Roll Eyes

Yeah. Hayden is an idiot and I will give you one guess what qualification got him promoted through the ranks and to Police Chief...... Roll Eyes

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
One of my concerns is that Mrs. M has her finger on the trigger.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Seriously? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107240 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:

Maybe turn the camera the other way, to see what she was looking at. Such might warrant finger on the trigger.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're waiting with bated breath for your other concerns.

Posts: 27816 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Deck chairs on the Titanic, guys.

Posts: 107240 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I rolled my eyes at the exact same quote. what an idiot. When the calls for his department to be defunded are shouted, I will happily let him reap what he has sowed.
Yes indeed. You know he'd be outside with his duty firearm if the mob was at his front door.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shouldn't you be more concerned with the position of her finger on the trigger, looks like too much finger..... Roll Eyes

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Shouldn't you be more concerned with the position of her finger on the trigger, looks like too much finger..... Roll Eyes

Depends who you ask. TMACs technique works great for me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post