SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
St. Louis' top prosecutor says she's charging couple who flashed guns at crowd marching to mayor's office

Felony unlawful use of a weapon and assault.
I don't know what the problem is here. They were counter protesting; simply exercising a several of their constitutional rights on their property.

Posts: 1816 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Top Prosecutor"

is a moron.

Posts: 1344 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
According to the obvious idiots at Yahoo News, they were racial injustice protesters. You know, being all virtuous and shit until those gun-toting, really rich people starting waving their guns around for no reason.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did they at least charge one rioter with vandalism for the broken gate? One?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
St. Louis' top prosecutor says she's charging couple who flashed guns at crowd marching to mayor's office
Felony unlawful use of a weapon and assault.

Of course she is.
She's every bit the BLM activist.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23919 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...nd-property-n2572800

"Today my office filed charges against Mark and Patricia McCloskey following an incident involving peaceful, unarmed protestors on June 28th. It is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner at those participating in nonviolent protest, and while we are fortunate this situation did not escalate into deadly force, this type of conduct is unacceptable in St. Louis. The decision to issue charges was made after a thorough investigation with the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department," St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner released in a statement. "I am open to recommending the McCloskey's participate in one of my office's diversion programs that are designed to reduce unnecessary involvement with the courts. I believe this would be a fair resolution to this matter."

Nowhere in the statement does Gardner acknowledge the violent trespassing. The mob was asked to leave and refused. According to Mark McCloskey, a man in the crowd clicked two loaded gun magazines together and said "you're next."

Posts: 19493 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...nd-property-n2572800

"I am open to recommending the McCloskey's participate in one of my office's diversion programs that are designed to reduce unnecessary involvement with the courts. I believe this would be a fair resolution to this matter."

Reminds me of that quote from Caddy Shack. Governor Parson said you will get nothing and like it.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
If they can’t stand in their own front yard with legally owned weapon then why can protestors dress in full battle gear and harass tourists at Stone Mountain in Georgia?

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

"Today my office filed charges against Mark and Patricia McCloskey following an incident involving peaceful, unarmed protestors on June 28th. It is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner at those participating in nonviolent protest, and while we are fortunate this situation did not escalate into deadly force, this type of conduct is unacceptable in St. Louis. The decision to issue charges was made after a thorough investigation with the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department," St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner released in a statement. "I am open to recommending the McCloskey's participate in one of my office's diversion programs that are designed to reduce unnecessary involvement with the courts. I believe this would be a fair resolution to this matter."

These two upstanding citizens who have been nothing but a positive influence in their community will be felons, and Gardner thinks that would be a fair solution?! How magnanimous of her. Roll Eyes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10695 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^
Yeah... I think they need to fight the charges.
But, I can understand if they don't.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23919 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We all knew what was coming. This is to send a message that the "Brown Shirts" will not be interfered with.

Thank goodness for now we have a President and Governor in MO. that will not let this travesty stand.

Posts: 12546 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
These two upstanding citizens who have been nothing but a positive influence in their community will be felons, and Gardner thinks that would be a fair solution?!
They're personal injury attorneys, correct? Cash-for-your-crash ambulance chasers? Don't get me wrong- their home should not have been searched, their guns should have not been confiscated and they should not have been charged, but I don't know if they qualify as "upstanding".

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
^^^

I don't have a hundredth the money they do, I would never acknowledge guilt. Defending my homestead is a hill worth dying on (literally and figuratively).

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20739 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Imagine if they manage to establish a precedent that no one can stand armed and guard their property from threats without suffering loss of assets and/or liberty. Imagine that.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29592 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^

What is there to fight when they are getting a pardon?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
^^^

What is there to fight when they are getting a pardon?

Imagine if we all had to get a pardon.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29592 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Indeed. This is a matter principle.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
We all knew what was coming. This is to send a message that the "Brown Shirts" will not be interfered with.
Did you get that message? I damn sure didn't. Quite the contrary.

Keep it up you morons and you virtually guarantee that a bunch of these "protesters" are going to get mowed down.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It looks like this is not going to turn out the way the BLM-loving commie DA thinks it's will.

Missouri AG moves to dismiss charges against couple who pointed guns at crowd
quote:
“The right to keep and bear arms is given the highest level of protection in our constitution and our laws, including the Castle Doctrine, which provides broad rights to Missourians who are protecting their property and lives from those who wish to do them harm,” Schmitt said in a prepared statement provided to Fox News.

“Despite this, Circuit Attorney Gardner filed suit against the McCloskeys, who, according to published reports, were defending their property and safety. As Missouri’s Chief law enforcement officer, I won’t stand by while Missouri law is being ignored,” Schmitt said.
We've got President Trump, the governor of Missouri and the state AG pushing back against this slimy bitch. I don't care how much power she thinks she wields. She's playing in the big league now. Come git some, baby. Bring your freakin' lunch.