SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
One of my concerns is that Mrs. M has her finger on the trigger.

Shouldn't you be more concerned with the position of her finger on the trigger, looks like too much finger..... Roll Eyes

Shouldnt we be more worried that they say the gun is inoperable and was at the time as well? She was holding a paper weight....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shouldnt we be more worried that they say the gun is inoperable and was at the time as well? She was holding a paper weight....

I have questions about that as well.
How and why would they render the gun inoperable?
It makes no sense to me.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

I have questions about that as well.
How and why would they render the gun inoperable?
It makes no sense to me.

None of what they did makes sense to me. If there was an angry "mob" parading past my house the last thing I would do is take my wife outside, with or without an operable firearm.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
...unless you were offering her as a sacrifice.

Jus' sayin' Razz

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Jus' sayin' Razz

You don't need to outrun the mob, just outrun your wife.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Maybe get the mother-in-law to come over...

posted Hide Post
I could not tell what kind of pistol Mrs. McC was waving around, but if they are claiming it was inoperable, maybe it had a magazine safety and no magazine was in it?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe get the mother-in-law to come over...

You don't know my MIL, within 15min the mob would be begging me to take her back!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
*gigglesnort*

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

Someone needs to "sell" him another AR. With this DA he will need it.

Looks like a local gun shop is giving McCloskey a free AR15:

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb...ey&atb=v192-1&ia=web
That right there is why they call it the Show me State. Should give them a Mini gun.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I could not tell what kind of pistol Mrs. McC was waving around, but if they are claiming it was inoperable, maybe it had a magazine safety and no magazine was in it?

Looks like a P232 to me.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

It looks like a POS Lorcin.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Which explains why it's inoperable. Lorcins came from the factory pre-broken.

I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
there are no charges against the McCloskeys at this time, as the warrant was just for the guns.

The items sought in the warrant have to be contraband, evidence of a crime or things used to further the commission of a crime.

Someone doesn’t have to be currently charged with a crime to seek evidence of a crime.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Million dollar home and has a Lorcin. I would like to protect my life with the cheapest gun possible. Probably put used tires on their cars.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's no accounting for taste.

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’ve know several multi millionaires in my lifetime. Many who are lawyers. They are all cheap SoBs

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Million dollar home and has a Lorcin. I would like to protect my life with the cheapest gun possible. Probably put used tires on their cars.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Bryco/Jennings/Jimenez 380 with a heel mag release. A true classic that put the Special in Saturday Night.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:
The only reason it happened is because the cops tasked with this job didn’t tell their superiors to go fuck themselves.

This happened because the duly elected Circuit Attorney for the City of St. Louis sought, and received, a search warrant from a duly appointed judge. The responsibility of the police with respect to warrants is to ensure that the warrant is valid and then execute it as directed.

It is not in their job description to pass judgment on which warrants they will or will not execute. It is certainly not in their job description to tell their superiors to go fuck themselves when they receive a lawful order to execute a valid warrant with which they may disagree.

So I guess it will be ok for police to go door to door confiscating guns when the democrats finally pass the appropriate laws?

One of our own on this forum, an LEO, said many officers would refuse to go door to door in said situation, not wholly out of principle, but on the principle of self preservation of life, aka not wanting to get dead. Makes some sense to me.

But to answer your question, yea. Ugly business for everyone involved, no upside for anyone, a grave and disgusting situation. And I wouldn't put that past ANY power hungry anti-conservative american hating group of Democrats. These days, all they need are 1) an excuse, and 2) about one week to pass bad law, generate the paperwork, and get their governor to sign it into law.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jus' sayin' Razz

Ha ! I cannot admit I may or may not have thought the same disgusting evil thing.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post