SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Local news is reporting that she stepped down.

They’re saying she submitted a two-page resignation letter.

Link

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
https://www.ksdk.com/article/n...3e-a9c8-2b3a9041fda1

Win!!!

quote:
"I'm not leaving. I'm not resigning. I'm not doing nothing," she said to rousing cheers. "You gonna have to remove me."

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, all the defiance and "I ain't leavin'" crap was nothing but typical leftist posturing in order to please a crowd and get cheers.

These people are the buggest fuckin' phonies- empty shells. Nothing, filled with nothing, surrounded by nothing.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Bitch knew she was cornered and done, or she would have ridden it out. They had the goods on her and she knew it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think two things lead her to this decision. First, the revelation that she was pursuing an advanced nursing degree during all this turmoil. Then the fact that pursuing that degree goes against the job description for her position.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Third, she might actually have to handle a case and go to trial with only 19 attorneys left and 12 violent felony trials scheduled in the next two weeks. That would have shown what an incompetent idiot she is.

Ding Dong! The Wicked Bitch is gone!

It will be interesting when the Missouri Auditor gets into the accounts. I know through some sources that money went to people and places it shouldn't have gone to.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very true. The auditor cited numerous redactions of names on travel expenses as being highly suspect. There’s no telling what else he’ll find.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Fade into obscurity and irrelevance you souless incompetent empty headed leftist twit.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It will be interesting when the Missouri Auditor gets into the accounts. I know through some sources that money went to people and places it shouldn't have gone to.

I just hope this doesn’t lead to a merger of the City and County prosecutors offices.

As a member of the St. Louis County Central committee we will be drafting resolutions against that combination.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A couple things come to mind. I hope she didn't cut some deal to absolve her of any legal responsibility for her malfeasance.

That and who -- or what -- will replace here.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All those people who have supported her and cheered her with their clueless racist bullshit- what do they have to say now, after she stood up in front of them with her faux-1960s-civil-rights-movement-we-shall-not-be-moved horse shit and then folded like cheap lawn furniture.

Not a single one of them acknowledges the real problem, which is that this lazy racist was the key decision-maker representing justice in the city of St. Louis and she never did a Goddamned thing to help anyone but a bunch of criminals. That much is clear, but I really want to know what they say and think about this imbecile now, since all her bold talk was obviously nothing but empty posturing. Do any of them- any of them at all, even a single one- now realize what a fraud this bitch is?

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Don't hold your breath Para. They won't say squat just like the feminists have been silent about the trans invasion killing women's sports.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
They might. That bit about "'I ain't leavin'!'...but I am taking nursing classes" seems pretty telling.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
Local news is reporting that she stepped down.

They’re saying she submitted a two-page resignation letter.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Fade into obscurity and irrelevance you souless incompetent empty headed leftist twit.
I want the opposite. I'd like to see her in the headlines for years to come as a defendant in criminal cases. I think that'd bring me numerous smiles.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Karma- The McCloskeys were pardoned and this stupid bitch resigns in disgrace.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
I want the opposite. I'd like to see her in the headlines for years to come as a defendant in criminal cases. I think that'd bring me numerous smiles.

Point taken and I concur. Although I have no faith in the MSM that they'd be hoisting her up on a petard as a result.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
quote:

The problem is that those kinds of people never fade away . They find another high paying job , or run for a higher public office and continue to wreak havoc on the system . Hell , she might even get a gig on " The View " .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Karma- The McCloskeys were pardoned and this stupid bitch resigns in disgrace.
Now if there were any way to expedite this process and result, maybe knuckleheads like KG would learn that stepping on the rake is what lumped up her forehead.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
A couple things come to mind. I hope she didn't cut some deal to absolve her of any legal responsibility for her malfeasance.

That and who -- or what -- will replace here.

I doubt it. Here's a local article with some more info:

https://fox4kc.com/news/st-lou...ns-effective-june-1/

quote:
St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner resigns, effective June 1

by: Joey Schneider, Kevin S. Held, Chris Hayes Posted: May 4, 2023 / 04:07 PM CDT Updated: May 4, 2023 / 10:54 PM CDT

ST. LOUIS – After months of calls, requests, and demands for her to resign, St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner is stepping down. Her resignation is effective June 1.

Gardner, the city’s first African American chief prosecutor, tweeted her resignation letter to city residents at 3:44 p.m. In the letter, she drew a connection to her presence in power and the Missouri Legislature’s efforts to take over both the circuit attorney’s office and turn control of the city’s police force back over to the state.

“It is not the first time the legislature has proposed bills that would take away our city’s power — that has happened in nearly every legislative session since I took office. It is also clear to me, however, that as long as I remain in the office, it will not be the last,” Gardner said.

“… I can absorb those attacks, and I have. But I can neither enable nor allow the outright disenfranchisement of the people of the City of St. Louis, nor can I allow these outsiders to effectively shut down our important work. … But I cannot be the final Circuit Attorney ever to be elected in St. Louis. You must be able to have a voice in your criminal justice system. And we must allow our office to continue to operate.”

We’ll have the full text of the letter at the bottom of this story.

The circuit attorney had faced legal battles on numerous fronts via Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey’s drive to remove her from office and indirect criminal contempt cases, and a dwindling roster of prosecutors in her office due to resignations. It’s a situation at least one St. Louis judge dubbed a “rudderless ship of chaos.”

Within minutes of Gardner’s announcement, Bailey issued a statement demanding she step down immediately.

“There is absolutely no reason for the Circuit Attorney to remain in office until June 1. We remain undeterred with our legal quest to forcibly remove her from office. Every day she remains puts the city of St. Louis in more danger,” Bailey said. “How many victims will there be between now and June 1? How many defendants will have their constitutional rights violated? How many cases will continue to go unprosecuted?”

While attending a justice reform panel in late March, Gardner told the audience she would run for a third term as circuit attorney, despite the controversies. At the time, Gardner called Bailey’s lawsuit to remove her “foolish.”

There’s no word if the contempt hearings will be dropped. It’s also unclear what will happen to a bill being pushed in the Missouri Legislature that would give Gov. Parson the power to appoint a special prosecutor in jurisdictions where the homicide rate exceeds a set milestone.

For his part, Gov. Parson acknowledged that he’d received Gardner’s letter and will appoint a replacement who “can help restore faith in the city’s criminal justice system.”

“We fully understand the gravity of this situation and approach our duty to appoint a replacement with the utmost seriousness. We will immediately start the replacement process according to the Missouri Constitution and Section 105.050, RSMo,” the governor said in a statement. “We are committed to finding a candidate who represents the community, values public safety, and can help restore faith in the city’s criminal justice system.”

St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones, who in February said Gardner had “lost the trust of the people” and should do some soul-searching before making any long-term decision, said Thursday that it’s important the circuit attorney’s office is “managed and staffed effectively” to best serve the residents of the city.

“Circuit Attorney Gardner made history by becoming the first Black woman to lead the office. There’s no doubt she has faced more obstacles than her predecessors because of it. Our Circuit Attorney’s Office is a critical public safety partner, and it must be managed and staffed effectively to help protect constitutional rights and deliver justice,” Jones said.

“No one wanted to see the Circuit Attorney’s Office fail, and my administration has reached out consistently to the Office to offer assistance. We are hopeful that the governor will work with local leaders to appoint a successor who reflects the values of communities across St. Louis.”

Gardner’s six-year tenure as the city’s top prosecutor has been wracked by controversies.

The circuit attorney drew the ire of the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department in August 2018 after announcing she’d created an “exclusion list” of nearly 30 officers, and would no longer accept cases from them. She added more cops to her list over the years, saying she would refuse to prosecute cases if those officers tried to file charges with her office. In one instance, officers were placed on the exclusion list after a national study called the Plain View Project revealed they allegedly made racist and Islamophobic social media posts.

She was fined more than $63,000 by the Missouri Ethics Commission in December 2018 for using campaign funds to pay for personal expenses during her time as a Missouri representative, and agreed to pay about 10% of that amount. Gardner blamed clerical errors for the mistakes.

Gardner filed a federal civil rights lawsuit in January 2020, alleging the city, the police union, and others, were part of a racist conspiracy to push her out of office. Her lawsuit was dismissed that September, with U.S. District Court judge overseeing the case ruling, “her complaint is nothing more than a compilation of personal slights.”

In May 2022, a three-person disciplinary panel ruled Gardner violated ethics rules and recommended the Missouri Supreme Court reprimand the circuit attorney after she failed to share evidence with Eric Greitens’ attorneys during her 2018 investigation against the former governor. The state’s highest court formally reprimanded Gardner in August 2022.

Gardner acknowledged she failed to turn over notes from an interview her private investigator conducted with the former governor’s mistress. She also admitted failing to turn over the video from the interview, saying she thought the camera was broken.

Gardner’s office eventually dismissed her criminal case against Greitens.

The circuit attorney’s investigator on the Greitens’ case, former FBI agent William Tisaby, pleaded guilty to evidence tampering in March 2022. He received probation but had the sentence suspended.

And over the last few weeks, three assistant circuit attorneys left her office, two of whom were involved in the aforementioned contempt cases.

Chris Desilets resigned on Monday, May 1, effective immediately. More than 100 felony cases on his docket will be split between the last two remaining in the office’s Violent Crimes Unit: Sai Chigarupati and Matt Field. The office has 13 additional prosecutors handling other cases, such as rape and white collar crimes.

Alex Polta resigned on April 28. He’d been with the office since 2017.

Natalia Ogurkiewicz resigned on April 15, citing a toxic work environment, an unbearable workload, and a lack of support. She had been working on the Daniel Riley case. He’s the man accused in the tragic crash which caused Janae Edmondson to lose both her legs.

On Wednesday, FOX 2 learned Gardner had enrolled in nursing courses at Saint Louis University. It’s unclear when exactly she began enrolling in these courses, though it came sometime since she became the circuit attorney.

At a news conference that afternoon, AG Bailey said his office received information weeks ago that Gardner was taking classes, and had subpoenaed the school. Bailey requested the university turn over documents relating to Gardner’s class schedule, her hours and participation in class, hours she may have worked at the school, surveillance camera footage, and relevant conversation between Gardner and her instructors at SLU.

The attorney general cited Missouri statute 56.445, which requires the circuit attorney and their assistants “devote their entire time and energy to the discharge of their official duties.”

Bailey claimed Gardner’s refusal to step down had put lives and property in St. Louis at risk.

“The criminal justice system in the City of St. Louis has ceased to function,” he said. “And people are suffering from her unlawful refusal to do her job.”

Gardner’s supporters, who remained steadfast throughout this ordeal, likened the campaign to remove her from office to a “political lynching.”

At this point, it’s unclear who will assume the circuit attorney role on a long-term basis.

Gardner easily won the Democratic primary for circuit attorney in August 2016 over three challengers, including former St. Louis prosecutor Mary Pat Carl, and ran unopposed in the November general election. She assumed office on Jan. 6, 2017. In 2020, Gardner beat Carl again in the primary en route to landslide victory over Republican Daniel Zdrodowski.

Before becoming circuit attorney, she was a congresswoman in the Missouri House, representing District 77, covering part of St. Louis City. She won Democratic primaries in 2012 and 2014 by wide margins and ran unopposed in general elections. She declined to seek a third term, opting to run for circuit attorney.

Gardner earned a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration from Harris-Stowe State University in 1999. She attended Saint Louis University School of Law and earned her Juris Doctor (law degree) in 2003. She went back to SLU and procured her master’s degree in nursing in 2012.

She began her law career at Bell, Kirksey & Associates, and worked at the circuit attorney’s office from 2005 to 2010.

Gardner, born and raised in north St. Louis City, worked at her family’s funeral home. On her re-election campaign website, she said seeing the effects of violent crime first hand inspired her to get involved in the healthcare and justice systems.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post