SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Detailed my Car (Large-ish pictures)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Detailed my Car (Large-ish pictures) Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Looks good. I never messed with ceramic s the flash time is just too quick for this guy.

I had a black Mercedes. I loved that car and I spent a ridiculous amount of time keeping it perfect. Here is the paint. Smile

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yXpndbxMxD4" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That's some shiny paint man.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
After wash and clay, we can see the amount of swirling, hazing, scratches, and pitting:

Come on now, you're not being fair. This is a great starting pic but where's the exact same one, with the paint lit up again with a flashlight or even the garage fluorescents? That's where you can display just how successful your correction routine was. Come on now, fess up. Razz Smile All joking aside, the car looks great, and I personally still have nightmares about having to detail black cars.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Very nice work.

Posts: 5316 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Looks like you put some time in. Good job. I bet that would look even better with some pro photos.

Sadly I must admit detailing is a hobby for me. It sounds dumb but I find a strange satisfaction putting 20 or 30 hours into a car and making it look the best it can. From shampoo and steam clean to wet sanding and polishing and everything between.

Between Rupes, Griots and all the chemicals I am sure I'll never recoup the money I've spent but watching peoples faces when I detail their cars for free has a value I can't put a price on.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4792 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
The dealer had buffed it and made a mess of the paint i guess.

I keep a sheet of red cardstock with big bold writing that says "DO NOT WASH" on it in the glove box.

I put it on the dash every time my car goes to the dealership.

The courtesy wash at the dealership comes with complimentary swirl marks.

Yes. I have black cars and NOBODY washes them except me. I have a power spray set up and foam canon at my house and am able to keep the paint and finish looking very good with a couple washes a week.
Admittedly it is a little extra work and trouble but I love the look of a clean black car.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post