SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone 8 plus case suggestion for the boy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone 8 plus case suggestion for the boy Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had a defender years ago. Broke the clip within a week. I think they offered replacement clips back then too, but I didn’t bother. Went with a nylon belt holster made by Dickies (I think) and used that one til I got my first plus sized iPhone. Couldn’t find another one like the one I had and that’s when I discovered turtleback.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I hate oversized cases like the Otterbox or LifeProof, and I've tried them both.. I keep my phone in my front pocket. All I've ever used is the Apple case. I order it when I order the phone. The first couple of years I got the neoprene model, but it is a bit "sticky" when dropping the phone into your pocket. The last two phones, for $10 more, I got the Apple leather version of the same case. It is minimal in size, protects all sides of the phone except the screen, for which I use a screen protector. This gives me minimal extra size and complete protection (for how I use the phone, at least). I currently use the 8+ equipped like that. For a youngster who is less careful than myself, one of the bigger cases like the Otterbox might be more appropriate. It just depends on the user.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have a Magpul Bump Case for my iPhone 6 and really like it, OD green:

I recommend that.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
He has a thing for trying to jam his phone into his front pocket and that's just not going to work for this much larger phone.

Your risk here, and one that he may or may not listen to your counsel on, is putting it in his back pocket where it likely WILL fit, and then sitting down. His spiffy new very expensive phone is likely going to protest that the first or subsequent times by bending/breaking.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I've also got a magpul case on my Iphone 7 it's good.

I also think the mous case is excellent.
https://www.mous.co/products/l...s-iphone-6-plus-case

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Easy question because there is only one correct answer:

https://www.amazon.com/OtterBo...e/dp/B00Z7SVVOO?th=1

Otterbox Defender and forget about it.
He did have a defender on the 5s but the clip broke twice making it just a really large, clunky, regular case. I'll consider another. Thanks!

I had the Defender for my 6. With my 8 the new Defender case the screen protector was causing issues, perhaps because I had an applied protector on the screen when I tried another brand first. Ended up removing the Defender screen protector and its now perfect.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by delta 2:
Otter box for sure. I use the symmetry case instead of the defender. Nite Ize makes a good belt clip holster to hold the defender cases

It’s the only case I use, and it gets dropped plenty and survives without a issue.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have this for my 8S and have been very happy. Personally I don't care for the holes in the back of the Otter box units.

https://www.amazon.com/Pelican...+iphone+8+plus+cases

Posts: 416 | Location: Near Dallas, TX | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got the Magpul Field Case in black with a tempered glass screen protector from XtremeGuard.

I like the Bump Case better than the Field Case, but Magpul hasn’t made the Bump Case for the Plus. I used to buy the orange Bump Cases, but now because the Field Case doesn’t have the black rubber lining and flash surround I buy the black case (because I had an instance of ‘orange-cast’ with an orange Field Case).

XtremeGuatd often has 85-90+% off sales. It is easier to buy two or three inexpensive glass screen protectors and simply replace them if they crack than it is to buy the $40 version at a cell store or kiosk and deal with the ‘warranty’ replacement.

ETA: and how old or young is this boy? He’s not going to wear a belt clip ‘old man’ case. Unless his name is Urkel.

Posts: 520 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he is into prepping or has EDC items, I would suggest the casebrite 200 lumens case @ http://casebrite.com God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Easy question because there is only one correct answer:

https://www.amazon.com/OtterBo...e/dp/B00Z7SVVOO?th=1

Otterbox Defender and forget about it.
He did have a defender on the 5s but the clip broke twice making it just a really large, clunky, regular case. I'll consider another. Thanks!

I had the Defender for my 6. With my 8 the new Defender case the screen protector was causing issues, perhaps because I had an applied protector on the screen when I tried another brand first. Ended up removing the Defender screen protector and its now perfect.

Yes. Pretty common solution and one I’ve used as well. I’ve had the rubber wear out over time on a couple of defenders and otter replaced the whole case, under warranty, easy peasy.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post