SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have had them. They are good with lots of age on them, also very expensive. For a fraction of the cost and time needed to age...CLE Cuarenta. Same creamy smoothness and very similar flavor profile. Buy one and sit on it for a few months...I dare ya! I double, dog dare ya!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
I have had them. They are good with lots of age on them, also very expensive. For a fraction of the cost and time needed to age...CLE Cuarenta. Same creamy smoothness and very similar flavor profile. Buy one and sit on it for a few months...I dare ya! I double, dog dare ya!

Alright I'll do that! I've heard of the CLE brand, but haven't tried one yet. Thanks for the tip. Smile

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The CLE with orange/pink band is smooth and creamy too, its a very mild smoke, great with a coffee.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
CBid has 15 of the CLE Cuarenta's up for $2 each!

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had the robusto size yet. I just picked one up last Friday to try. I have had the toro and the 11/22 size and they were both excellent.

This evening I am smoking a Montecristo churchill. I lit it at about 6pm and is still going an hour and a half later. I still have about a half hour to go yet. Great stick for $5.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool...this stick is available exclusively via my B&M!

http://halfwheel.com/cain-dayt...&utm_campaign=buffer

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Threse followed me home today.

Looking forward to trying the MASSIVE Flathead. The Opus X is for my birthday in April.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Brad you be sure to block off 2-3 hours for that Flathead

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin I'm a fan of the Cain F Lancero I'm sure the Daytona will be tasty.

Brad hope you have a great birthday I'm sure the opus will be great.

You guys can have all the large ring guage cigars. I stay under 54 with 42-50 being my sweet spot.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Well the Austin Mayor asked everyone to telecommute from home if they could because of Obama's visit and SxSW. Fine with me...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flash Ninja,

----

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Brad,
Early birthday wishes! Those look like some excellent picks!

----

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Good call Flash, I love the Undercrown.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash Ninja:
Brad,
Early birthday wishes! Those look like some excellent picks!

Thanks. Looking forward to giving them a try. I've kinda made tradition of having an Opus on my birthday. They are much milder than my usual choices but very, very good.

Leemer, thanks for the heads up on the Flathead. Might save this one till the weather warms up a bit more and I can do some porch or bonfire sitting.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
About to have my first “deck” cigar of the season. Hello Padron 50th!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going high class! I have heard they are worth every penny.

I'm sitting out enjoying a Montecristo Platinum series toro. Preflight had lots of raisin/wine and pepper notes. I'm a half inch in and the flavors are a smooth blend that I can't pinpoint one yet. Very good cigar so far.

I guess this is my celebratory smoke for buying some flooring. It's acclimating now for installation the week after next. We went with a walnut stained maple, tavern grade hardwood. I got my work cut out for me for sure!

posted Hide Post
About a third of the way in. I'm getting raisin flavors, a hint of pepper and some cedar. I did have to relight it once. The burn is razor sharp though. Still a great stick

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Ahhh...and took it to the nub!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post

My rainy afternoon stick. Piston. This is very good. Along the lines of the Sparkplug flavor wise. More flavorful than the Camshaft though. Between the Sparkplug and this are the best 2 sizes of the Flathead for me.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
We smoked our fist Christmas cigar this weekend. We smoke the corojo Leaf by Oscar. I have to say, it was very good. There was a ton of spice, and the burn was fantastic!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Cuban and coffee by Nathan Latsha, on Flickr

Just finished this Bolivar Belicosos Finos off to kick off the week. Wonderful full smoke. Flavor profile increased after the 1st third. Plan to stock up on these and age them!

----