SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia Governor election 7 Nov 2017 UPDATE: Virginia may need a coin toss to determine who won a local state House race
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia Governor election 7 Nov 2017 UPDATE: Virginia may need a coin toss to determine who won a local state House race Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Please, please look deeper than this

What should be alarming people is not that the governorship, or other state-wife seats were won by the democrats. Yes. Those races are dominated and won by the "blue" counties

What should scare the shit out of everyone is the number of incumbent republicans that lost their delegate seats

In my county alone, all 4 republican incumbents lost.....all won by large margins in 2015...2 of the ones that lost had been in the house of delegates for 16+ years..IN A COUNTY AND FROM PRECINCTS THAT VOTED FOR OBAMA TWICE AND CLINTON

The democrats have found their winning strategy.

They poured their money into districts that went for Clinton in the presidency but had republican delegates

And they so far have gained FOURTEEN seats in the house of delegates. The most EVER lost by a party in a single election in this state was 10. They make take the house of delegates that just four years ago WAS A SUPERMAJORITY FOR REPUBLICAN. Republicans have held the house of delegates in this state for 20 years and may lose it tonight

My delegate lost tonight

My precinct went 72% to Romney in 2012

But in the republican primary last year, Ted Cruz was the favored candidate

And in the general election Trump barely carried the precinct

And now tonight the Republican delegate lost

I promise you we didn't all of sudden have a shit ton of democrats move in and republicans move out or die off....

I see people trumpeting the failures of the DNC and pointing to the unraveling of Clinton's campaign and how corrupt they were with Sanders

I have news for you

NONE OF THE DEMOCRATS GIVE A SHIT

It's water under the bridge to them

They are all holding hands, thick as thieves, singing Kumbayah as they use what they see as a fractured and unmotivated republican base

And they are enjoying the shit out of the most motivated their base has been in YEARS...decades even

Someone brought up low turnout in off years. And the bad weather

Guess what...near historical turnout, and they all were voting Democrat

Please...this is deeper than "well, NoVA screwed us again."

There was talk of this being a good barometer for 2018

It had better be a fucking kick in the nuts....

If the midterms go the way the house of delegate races went (not the governor..Gillespie sucked as a candidate) we are fucked

quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
Red Virginians often talk about the NoVa and Tidewater areas screwing this state. To give you some perspective I live in Shenandoah County.
Tonight with 100% reporting the figures for this county look like this:

Northam 29.54%

Gillespie 69.25%

Hyra(Libertarian) 1.18%

If you go to this link and scroll through you'll see how sad this really is.

Link

Kevbo, I can see where you are coming from. Va has recently had several social upheavals. Those imho energized the local dem base. Northams shitty ad did not help, it probably did not hurt as much as we think.

Honestly, what hurt our side, was letting the virginia reupublican and vthe national republican part dictate dickhead ed to us. We should have stood firm, and not allowed such a sponge of a candidate. He had lost consistently. He reflected 0 values of the current administration. He was tried and true a flop of a republican.

As for the delegates, well now that may be a bit different. I did not pay attention to out side my county.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Virginia has always gone democrat as frequently as republican. We aren't turning democrat. We've always been as democrat as republican. This isn't a new phenomena. This isn't a referendum on Trump. This is a normal outcome for Virginia.

Actually, since 1952 Virginia voted strictly Republican except in 1964. It's been a solid Republican state up until 2008. Now it is a solid blue state with no signs of it changing...At all.

Also, since 2002 VA has had Dem governors with the exception of McDonnell 2010-2014. It's a definite change and swing to the democrats since 2000.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Please, please look deeper than this

What should be alarming people is not that the governorship, or other state-wife seats were won by the democrats. Yes. Those races are dominated and won by the "blue" counties

What should scare the shit out of everyone is the number of incumbent republicans that lost their delegate seats

In my county alone, all 4 republican incumbents lost.....all won by large margins in 2015...2 of the ones that lost had been in the house of delegates for 16+ years..IN A COUNTY AND FROM PRECINCTS THAT VOTED FOR OBAMA TWICE AND CLINTON

The democrats have found their winning strategy.

They poured their money into districts that went for Clinton in the presidency but had republican delegates

And they so far have gained FOURTEEN seats in the house of delegates. The most EVER lost by a party in a single election in this state was 10. They make take the house of delegates that just four years ago WAS A SUPERMAJORITY FOR REPUBLICAN. Republicans have held the house of delegates in this state for 20 years and may lose it tonight

My delegate lost tonight

My precinct went 72% to Romney in 2012

But in the republican primary last year, Ted Cruz was the favored candidate

And in the general election Trump barely carried the precinct

And now tonight the Republican delegate lost

I promise you we didn't all of sudden have a shit ton of democrats move in and republicans move out or die off....

I see people trumpeting the failures of the DNC and pointing to the unraveling of Clinton's campaign and how corrupt they were with Sanders

I have news for you

NONE OF THE DEMOCRATS GIVE A SHIT

It's water under the bridge to them

They are all holding hands, thick as thieves, singing Kumbayah as they use what they see as a fractured and unmotivated republican base

And they are enjoying the shit out of the most motivated their base has been in YEARS...decades even

Someone brought up low turnout in off years. And the bad weather

Guess what...near historical turnout, and they all were voting Democrat

Please...this is deeper than "well, NoVA screwed us again."

There was talk of this being a good barometer for 2018

It had better be a fucking kick in the nuts....

If the midterms go the way the house of delegate races went (not the governor..Gillespie sucked as a candidate) we are fucked

Of course you are correct that it goes deeper than this but it has nothing to do with the amount of money the Dems pour into campaigns or anything else we usually blame. NoVa, Tidewater, Richmond,Charlottesville,and Roanoke these are all points that the cancer spreads from but we are doing nothing to stem the tide. Simply motivating voters or pouring money into campaigns will do nothing.

This isn't just a Virginia thing. This is happening everywhere. We(conservatives) have surrendered our educational system to progressives and allow these influences to go unchecked. When I was young you would be hard pressed to find a progressive teacher in my school. They stuck out so much that I can still name them today. Now you'd be lucky to find 10% of the teachers conservative. We send our children, and therefore our money, to Colleges that are dominated by leftists.

I taught at a private school for several years. Most of the kids were from conservative families who were fed up with public education. I taught 10th, 11th, and 12th graders who were astoundingly bright in math, science, and language arts but were completely clueless with regards to Civics and Economics. In one class I mentioned in passing writing my congressman and had to abandon my planned lesson to explain to these kids who were taking AP Chemistry, Calculus, and Latin that yes one really can write to their congressman. They seriously didn't think we were "allowed" to do that.

I had many friends in High School who came from conservative families and are now teachers in this area. All have become staunch liberal Dems due to two interconnected things:

1)Their Education by the state.

2)Parents surrendering their children's education to the state.

Until this cycle is broken the cancer will continue to spread.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Another sucky thing is the wall to wall "GOP Night of Horrors" meme the msm is running wall to wall. This don't mean nothing about 2018 heartland elections. Gillespie was a rino pos MbConnell selected candidate so this isn't as much about PDJT as it is the rino disaster of a congress.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Wash Post exit survey of VA voters yesterday

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.5da83009ee7c

67 % of voters White
33 % of voters Nonwhite

White voters: 42% Northam, 57% Gillespie

NonWhite voters: 80% Northam, 19% Gillespie

not enough whites voted

the election was basically won in Northern VA (DC suburbs) where Northam had a 260,000 vote advantage

Northam won by 220,000 votes

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Each and every time, since 2008, after an election that didn't go our way, I see the same posts. "man, it is over" or "I no longer recognize my country" blah, blah, blah.

And I have said the exact same thing since 2008 each time in response-

Well fuck, I guess we should just go ahead and surrender.

That's right. We should just surrender.

Remember when Obama got elected a second term. Man, the woe is me crowd came out in force, in a near suicidal state. We were done, they said. Everything is going to stripped from us. We are soon to be sold into slavery.

And we recovered. Why did we recover? Because people didn't give up like the surrender that always comes in these threads. The woe is me crowd. And if me pointing out your whining bothers you? I don't care. Get your pride to kick up, chin up and fight. But, but, but there's nothing I can do. There is always things to do. Everybody can contribute in their small way. Find something. Don't ask me what you can do. I don't live there. And if you just don't know what you can do, you are part of the problem because you aren't involved enough.

Get involved. We are far from fucked if you do that.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
one thing that angers me is the total failure of the McConnell / Ryan congress to support the President's campaign agenda

They could have had people really excited about REP candidates.

- obamacare repeal failure
- tax reform lack of progress
- no support for border wall
- still pushing DACA
- allowing Senate DEMs to slow appointments to a crawl
- allowing DEMs to push the ridiculous Russian interference investigation
- total lack of pursuing DEM corruption
- Senate working 2.5 days per week

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
one thing that angers me is the total failure of the McConnell / Ryan congress to support the President's campaign agenda

It is my opinion that this is by design. They want Trump and anyone who supports him gone. They are willing to take massive losses in the states, the house, and the senate, to achieve this.

Their one goal is to restore the Uniparty to power.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

It is my opinion that this is by design. They want Trump and anyone who supports him gone. They are willing to take massive losses in the states, the house, and the senate, to achieve this.

I'm not sure I can buy into that. They are smart enough to realize that the results of this election is a definite wake up call to both the house and senate and could easily result in loosing their majorities in 2018...

Let's face it we got our asses handed to us last night. The races weren't even close...
The question is what are we going to do going forward?? I don't have that answer yet.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
There is an upside to these minor democrat victories last night. It could be a wake up call for the GOP next year. Emphasis on "could be." That's if they're paying attention.
I don't think they really care.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yup. Because it's not really democrats vs republicans. It's globalists vs anti-globalists.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.washingtonexaminer....port/article/2639991

Steve Bannon offered to stump for Republican candidate for Virginia governor, Ed Gillespie, but Gillespie's campaign declined, according to multiple reports.

“Gillespie campaigned with George W. Bush, [but] ran from President Trump.”

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I hope republicans running in 2018 have been paying attention.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To reiterate the ideas of Evan Sayet: All the things that you and I use to try to be "better" people....to distinguish what is right and move towards what is right...that is exactly what Liberals believe is "evil". The effort to be right, in itself, is branded as evil.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...tory-speech-n2406438

Gov.-elect Ralph Northam decisively won Tuesday’s hotly contested gubernatorial election in Virginia, but not everything went quite as planned for the Democrat.

While Northam was giving his victory speech, talking about how he “received a gracious call” from his Republican opponent Ed Gillespie, his security detail yanked him off stage when protests started to get a bit rowdy.

One protester yelled "Sanctuary for all," while several others carried signs that said the same.

The protests were in reference to Northam’s recent flip-flop on the issue of sanctuary cities. He once broke a tie in the state Senate to block a ban on sanctuary cities in the commonwealth, but days before the election announced he’d ban sanctuary cities in the state.

video at link

really wasn't much of a protest, but security guy wasn't taking chances

Northam returned to the stage and finished his speech after the protesters were removed.

posted Hide Post
Won't be long before you and I are paying Bloomberg's money back. Virginia gunstores will be getting back some of their Trump-slump money starting today.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Get involved. We are far from fucked if you do that.

This.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
And if me pointing out your whining bothers you? I don't care. Get your pride to kick up, chin up and fight. - Jones

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote of the week right there.

Man the fuck up people - Remember bringing the whining regressive left to the KNEES last November?

That can happen again and again, if we make it so.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

^^^ I agree. We have a sense of the enormity of the corruption in DC, but I think it's still just the tip of the iceberg.

Not only do we need to fight, we need to understand that it is a life-or-death fight.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
quote:

^^^ I agree. We have a sense of the enormity of the corruption in DC, but I think it's still just the tip of the iceberg.

Not only do we need to fight, we need to understand that it is a life-or-death fight.

Along those lines... (TFW is shorthand for That Face When):

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post