SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia Governor election 7 Nov 2017 UPDATE: Virginia may need a coin toss to determine who won a local state House race
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia Governor election 7 Nov 2017 UPDATE: Virginia may need a coin toss to determine who won a local state House race Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Unreal that a majority of people voted for that slime.

You're a mess, Virginia.

We’ve been invaded by DC and Maryland idiots plus out breed by the scum in Richmond and Tidewater. Mad

I know it. Believe me, it breaks my heart.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The no so bad:

Ed was a terrible candidate to begin with.

Virginia also has a long history of the Governor being a different party to the President. The last election was the only time the gov and the pres were the same party in like 100 years.

The bad:

Republicans haven't won a statewide election (outside Bob Mcdonnel) in quite a while.

The worst:

The Republicans might lose the House of Delegates.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And the ability to control redistricting.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Looks like the big blue asshole in the NE quadrant of the state has a good deal of sway. Most of the rest of the state appears to be sane.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
Fuck my life

Posts: 504 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

The worst:

Why is that?

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Unreal that a majority of people voted for that slime.

You're a mess, Virginia.

We’ve been invaded by DC and Maryland idiots plus out breed by the scum in Richmond and Tidewater. Mad

I think he had 2 things going against him
#1 he distanced himself from Trump
#2 He was an establishment (r)

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kr350psd:
quote:

The worst:

Why is that?

Because dems have picked up 12 GOP seats and are in the lead in 6 more. That would give them a majority. With the dems sweeping all of the statewide races, it will give them more power than ever.

They also elected a dude who dresses like a girl.
http://thehill.com/homenews/ca...-elected-in-virginia

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by kr350psd:
quote:

The worst:

Why is that?

Because dems have picked up 12 GOP seats and are in the lead in 6 more. That would give them a majority. With the dems sweeping all of the statewide races, it will give them more power than ever.

They also elected a dude who dresses like a girl.
http://thehill.com/homenews/ca...-elected-in-virginia

Yep, I think it might be time to relocate.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
We lost the house. We’re fucked. Weapons bans/mag capacity limits, sanctuary city bullshit...FUCK ME! Mad

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It saddens me that the beloved Commonwealth of VA has become such a blue state.

I remember when I first moved there right after 9/11 from Ohio.

I made a statement the other day that as each year passed the stated started to slide more and more.

Heck, I don't even recognize most of the crap that comes out of Cols. Ohio anymore either

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wow. Virginal just went full retard.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
I'm not a VA resident, but still had high hopes the Republican candidate could pull off a victory. It's hard for me to believe that Virginia could be taken over by the GDCs, but sadly that is exactly what's happened.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted to come back to VA and get back in LE
But with the recent results I may be re-thinking that strategy for a few years

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We lost the house. We’re fucked. Weapons bans/mag capacity limits, sanctuary city bullshit...FUCK ME! Mad

The Reps still have the senate and I'm sure there are still a few conservative democrats left that would make any gun control and non-starter.

So much for hoping to find deals at the Richmond gun show though.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Virginia is turning into California, I feel for you guys. Frown

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
At least it isn't Washington.

Posts: 9966 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep, I think it might be time to relocate.

I've lived here 7 years. When we moved here I thought it was a pretty stable state. Guess I was wrong. I guarantee I won't live in a New Jersey or Maryland Gestapo state. I didn't want to move again but!!!!

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn, that sucks. Sorry, Virginia folks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Move to Kentucky. It's pretty much shaped the same and used to be part of Virginia.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post