SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Duck sex question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duck sex question Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
This will answer every question you have about duck sex.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well - they had better not use duck DNA when the build the next Jurassic Park.....

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
David - hope you are well. Been a while since we have chatted.

As for your ducks - I didn't know that. Are they penned ducks?

Howdy! Yes they are penned up, I was planning to move them over to our small pond. But, I'm afraid they might stop laying or leave all together Big Grin

Lots of great comments guys, I knew the title would get some folks attention haha. So, I think I'm ok killing it without creating another male according to that BBC article. Thanks everyone for the laughs and the info.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3644 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
It all depends on how the duck self-identifies.

What pronouns do your ducks prefer?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Just a little note, if it's not too late. In our experience, Ducks are kinda like swans. They are very attached to their mate. They do not do well when a mate dies. They will sometimes take a new mate if one is available.

I haven't experienced it with ducks, but with chickens if you have a flock of 5 hens and no rooster, the most dominant hen will go butch and take the place of a rooster. She'll stop laying and you're back to feeding one without return on investment and no fertilized eggs.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post