SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Helmfon and Ostrich Pillow
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Helmfon and Ostrich Pillow Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's got armholes in the head. Any sound engineer will tell you- head armholes kill soundproofing.

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, that pillow thingy - it occurred to me that, back in the day, Big John Holmes could have used that as a scrotum warmer (already equipped with ventilation holes) to keep him warmed up between action shots.

(My above post just confirms that I have been totally corrupted by sigforum over the past few years - even worse than my youthful years perusing Mad Magazines and Playboy magazines.)

Posts: 1627 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There things are ridiculous but I'm seriously thinking about getting the ostrich pillow for my wife. She sometimes suffers from a hyper sensitivity to noise and light. She has a hard time sleeping if a room isn't totally blacked out.
I'm sure she'll initially be like WTF!? But maybe it'll help.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If nothing else, you can score marital points for giving an imaginitive gift. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If nothing else, you can score marital points for giving an imaginitive gift. Wink

I'm definitely ordering one. Worst case scenario it'll make a great white elephant gift in the future.

Para, I'm still not convinced you weren't trolling in your oun forum with this one just for entertainment.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
Para, I'm still not convinced you weren't trolling in your oun forum with this one just for entertainment.
I'm not sure how to respond to that. I don't take these products seriously, entirely. I posted this because it's funny and off the wall. If you remain "unconvinced" well, I don't recall trying to convince anyone.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'm not sure how to respond to that. I don't take these products seriously, entirely. I posted this because it's funny and off the wall. If you remain "unconvinced" well, I don't recall trying to convince anyone.

Sorry Para I meant that in good fun. Your OP was somewhat joking with a bit of serious interest. Which mirrors these ridiculous products perfectly. I can't imagine anyone using these things in public but they might have a practical application.

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry Para I meant that in good fun. Your OP was somewhat joking with a bit of serious interest. Which mirrors these ridiculous products perfectly. I can't imagine anyone using these things in public but they might have a practical application.

Oh, I could see some pajama boy snowflakes using that in the office.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16535 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post