SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Garden hose and nozzle recommendations?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garden hose and nozzle recommendations? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
There is a local store named A1 Hose and Coupling. Industrial store. They have the best hose.
These people are serious about hoses, buddy!

A1 Hose and Coupling

But do they cater to the likes of little ol' me, and are their products made in the by God US of A?

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dramm colorstorm hoses are what I own. I have two 50’ and one 25’.

I have quick connects on all of them. I use them with my pressure washer and by themselves.

Mine are 5/8 and they make them in larger and smaller diameters.

Best thing I did was learn how to properly roll a hose. YouTube has videos. Cuts way down on kinks when they’re properly rolled for storage.

Posts: 39 | Registered: September 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
I think I'm using this hose from Conti (made in usa). If this is the one (not completely sure), then it's been a great hose so far.

Goodyear (now Continental) used to make the Craftsman hoses. You can still buy them from Amazon and other sources. We have some of the black rubber ones that have held up for 25 years.

This is what I have in front and back yards. Continental and bought from Home Depot about 7 years ago. Still going great in both applications.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14138 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flexzilla hoses are made by Legacy Mfg, a family owned company in Marion Iowa. They make a lot of hose products, from consumer water hoses to commercial grease guns and hoses. They built a new 133,000 sq ft building a few years ago to be able to build more of their products back here in the USA. Their consumer hoses may or may not be made here, but they are certainly a good American company worth supporting.

I have 2 of them and love them. They are light to handle, don't kink and easy to roll up. Many of the garden centers around here seem to use them.

Customer service is also great. I had a problem with the 2nd one I bought. A quick phone call and 2 days later I had a new one at my door.

Posts: 613 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Teknor Apex Zero G Pro
-Lightweight
-Pro has a 10 year warranty
-Assembled in USA

Zero G has a 5 year warranty

We bought these a year ago. Awesome garden hose.

They're so much less of a pain in the ass than regular types of garden hose and much lighter without being flimsy.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6106 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
Flexzilla hoses are made by Legacy Mfg, a family owned company in Marion Iowa. They make a lot of hose products, from consumer water hoses to commercial grease guns and hoses. They built a new 133,000 sq ft building a few years ago to be able to build more of their products back here in the USA. Their consumer hoses may or may not be made here, but they are certainly a good American company worth supporting.

I have 2 of them and love them. They are light to handle, don't kink and easy to roll up. Many of the garden centers around here seem to use them.

Customer service is also great. I had a problem with the 2nd one I bought. A quick phone call and 2 days later I had a new one at my door.

I just emailed them. They're U.S. made now.

Posts: 371 | Location: RGV Texas | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Beware of some hoses that are cheaping out and using aluminum connectors at each end. Depending on how long they stay connected, aluminum and brass together can undergo galvanic corrosion. It is not rust, but a reaction between two dissimilar metals. It would happen if you never even ran water through them. If they get corroded solid, they may have to be cut apart. Consider if you had an aluminum hose connector connected to the brass hose bib that sticks out of your wall.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10870 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post