SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Garden hose and nozzle recommendations?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garden hose and nozzle recommendations? Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
You're going to want an all-rubber garden hose.
These are excellent:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007...product_details&th=1

^^^THIS One! It is identical to the Craftsman Rubber Hoses mentioned above, though this hose is no longer sold as Craftsman hose. It has high quality nickel plated brass fittings that flow better than most everything currently out there, likely including the 'new' updated design Craftsman hoses. I purchased a couple of these over 15 years ago (Craftsman branded), and then a couple more two years ago (also Craftsman branded) when I needed a dedicated, low restriction and durable supply hose for a gas powered 3400 PSI 2.5 GPM pressure washer. I looked at a lot of hoses and considered the Teknor Apex Zero G, but this one is superior. I purchased my Craftsman branded hoses (most recently) at Ace Hardware. You 'might' get lucky and find they've still got them on the shelf, but if not the Briggs & Stratton branded hose is identical. You will NOT be disappointed!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a 3/4” ID hose, 100’ long, commercial grade, made in New Jersey by Flexon. $65 plus tax.
Bought at that store started by some guy named Sam Walton?

Posts: 2154 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Another recommendation for Eley hoses. They are the shit, absolutely the best water hose I have ever owned. And yes, not cheap. I hade a custom length made (65 ft) and it was worth the bucks.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Not sure where it is made, but Forestry Supply is where my brother gets a lot of his professional landscaping items. Last hose I bought was nearly 20+ years ago by Goodyear from Lowes.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3648 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Whatever you do, avoid the temptation to buy those fabric collapsible "Pocket" hoses. I can't get them to last more than 2 years and my last one just had a blowout and I'm done. Nice concept but they just do not hold up.

Same here, I consider them disposable, the traditional hoses just take up too much storage space for the 100ft we need and are significantly heavier and a big pain to roll up for the wife. She likes the expandable, so, therefore, I like the expandable versions.

The solution is to buy the hose on Amazon and take out the $5 3 year Asurion warranty from Amazon, when it breaks, and it will, they just send you the money back on your Amazon account.

So far they have replaced 4 hoses (2 each spigot) over the last few years, they credit the Amazon account and you just order something that is in the price range and add the 3 year warranty to the new purchase.

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The goodyear hoses just last.
Got 2, with brass fittings going on 30 years of use. No leaks, no corrosion. Just change the washer every few years

Posts: 1079 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Another vote here for Eley hose and reel.

Posts: 615 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
As far as a hose. Look for a Goodyear black rubber hose. I have had two and and they have lasted years. As far as a nozzle. I would find a brass twist type. Actually bronze would be better but finding one would be a chore I would guess.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I second the recommendation for a Flexilla hose. I bought a 100 footer and couldn't be happier. The damn thing coils so nicely and slides and slithers without kinking. I bought it after I watched a contractor roll up to my house and wash my roof with that brand of hose, he said it was the best brand hose he ever used for his house washing business.

I'm sure it's not as durable as a much heavier real rubber construction grade hose, but those guys are much heavier, and the Flexilla is pretty light and easy to handle.

I don't know how long Flexilla hoses last, but if it lasts a few years I'm goona be good with it.

In any case I won't be buying any more vinyl hoses.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8906 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Eley garden hoses are very good, but they're not cheap. They're worth it to me.
As for nozzles, it partly depends on what type you want - fire fighter type or lever type.

This. Every time I buy a new house I buy Eley hose reels and their hoses. Simply the best.

Posts: 5784 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Orrco makes an American made solid brass spray nozzles.

LINK

Posts: 11964 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Goodyear (now Continental) used to make the Craftsman hoses. You can still buy them from Amazon and other sources. We have some of the black rubber ones that have held up for 25 years.

Conti-Tech is the current selling name for Goodyear/Craftsman rubber hoses. Same experience here, we have several that have laid outside in the AZ sun for 20 years.

Agree 100% on Dramm nozzles.

I put one of these shut off valves on the end of every hose. Makes it simple to connect hoses together, or add a nozzle, without walking back to the faucet first. They also act as a crude nozzle themselves.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10870 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a solid garden hose, check out the Flexzilla 50ft hose. Super durable and kink-resistant. As for a nozzle, I've had good luck with the Dramm 9-Pattern Revolver. Both are made in the USA and last a good while.

Posts: 52 | Location: MS, USA | Registered: February 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Mine is a made in the US, Gilmour Pro Commercial Hose 3/4 Inch x 100ft. About $70. It’s red and very durable but I will say it is ridiculously heavy to move around. Almost too heavy.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Once I found these Bon-Air nozzles I have never looked back. Can be controlled by fingertip rotation and you can get 6-different spray patterns. It's kind of like a fire hose nozzle. Found on Amazon..but made in china Frown

https://m.media-amazon.com/ima...iVkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1432 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ That looks like a nice product. They have a stainless steel version also for $43 vs $28 for that one. Not cheap, but looks like a quality build. No handle to bump putting it down while getting sprayed in the face. Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39185 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Agree 100% on Dramm nozzles.

I like the simple brass twistie.

Dramm 12380 Heavy-Duty Brass Adjustable Hose Nozzle

https://www.amazon.com/Dramm-1...670103d&gad_source=1

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I'm sold on the Dramm nozzle and just ordered two of them, so, that's settled.

I need two hoses as well (front and back yard). The Eley hoses look great but are out of my price range. The Continental, Briggs & Stratton and others look like fine choices. I'll just have to choose.

I appreciate the help.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I splurged on some pressure washing items this year to clean up around my house. One of my purchases was a flexzilla 50 and 100 ft hose. I don't honestly know if it is the best, it is the best hose I've ever used. After years of steel braided hoses, Home Depot special deals, Harbor Freight and Tractor Supply offerings this hose shines.

Lightweight, a bright color so there is no chance you don't see it laying on the grass, solid connectors, and no kink memory. I could tell the quality from the moment I held it in my hand.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4851 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
There is a local store named A1 Hose and Coupling. Industrial store. They have the best hose.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6400 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post