SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Slipped and Fell
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slipped and Fell Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Glad you were not hurt or even worse, suction cupped to the bathroom floor!

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
Life lesson: sit on the edge of bed when changing pants or stand near something you can hold if needed. You’d think I would know that by now.
There's always foregoing the pants altogether.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
Life lesson: sit on the edge of bed when changing pants or stand near something you can hold if needed. You’d think I would know that by now.
There's always foregoing the pants altogether.

No can do. Wife points and snickers.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

I’ve been thinking of putting grab bar in the shower…

Our house had them when we bought it. I thought about removing them as we really didn’t expect to need them. They’ve actually come in handy a half dozen times.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any chance at all you use a water softener ?

I have to take my own bath mat when I stay over at the place where I dog sit.

I can't stand soft water.
Literally!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago I had a fall while I was doing a sales call at a house.

I stepped off a level to a sunken living room I didn’t see.

Took a step and the floor was not there.

I’m a big guy and I slammed the floor good.

Nothing broken but I pulled my calf bad.

Glad you are ok Para.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Glad you are alright!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
As Sheldon told Penny, you need some rubber duck stickys on your tub floor.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three weeks ago I was trying to catch a frisbee, tumbled down a steep 15 foot embankment
to a dry creekbed. The scabs are just about gone, still have some deep bruises.
For a couple weeks I felt like 82 instead of 62.

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I was in a hotel in Seattle and it was time to pack and leave. I was in a hurry

Started to Step into the shower, "oh I forgot . . " turned around to quick and BOOOM down I go.

It was like slow motion on the way down. I knew it was going to be bad, 300lb man, nekked on the floor, broken. But somehow I came out with nothing other than a bruised hip.

Glad you are ok.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
My most recent close call was with a running mower at my feet, as I slid down the ditchside behind it.
Points for style

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I turned 50, I have fallen more than I have in my entire life. Stairs, ice, bathtub etc.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Like a few others here that are in their 70's, I took a hell of a fall a few months ago. My nine year old grandaughter was here with me, just the two of us. Playing catch out on the court yard I turned to grab a ball and tripped over the one foot concrete border which surrounds it. My leg caught the top and I crashed down hard on the crushed rock behind it. I could hardly move with the pain. My grandaughter ran up to me scared stiff and trying to help me up but I told her I was OK but needed to just stay here for a bit.

She was having none of that and ran into the house and called her mom (my daughter) at work and told her that grandpa was hurt and can't get up. She ran back outside and told me that her mom was coming. Oh shit, I said, and pulled myself up and limped into the house and caught my daughter just as she was getting in her car. Told her I was fine but the kid just got really scared. I still am getting scolded over that to this day.

Getting old really sucks.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I’m thinking that you’re going to be feeling this Wednesday, it typically takes that long for me to have something like that catch up with me.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Coincidently I fell in the bathroom a few days ago. Unlike you Para I had on my undies and a bathrobe. Nothing broken, just a sore ass and elbow. In my case it's not the fall but the getting back up that's the issue. Thank God we have a boarder that's 30 years younger and strong as an ox to help with that dilemma. At 75 I realize that it's only going to get worse. Frown

Jim

“In my case it's not the fall but the getting back up that's the issue.”

This is similar to what my father said to one of the nurses that came by to say hello when I was having dinner with him at the assisted living center several years ago.

She had come to his room when he called for help after a fall. She said something like “We’re going to have to do something about these falls you’ve been having lately”.

He responded as only a crusty old World War 2 Navy veteran could. “Falling isn’t the problem. Getting up is the GOD DAMN PROBLEM!!”

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There's something about falling that is just humiliating to be. That, and bumping my head. I freaking hate that. Glad you didn't hurt yourself.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
If no one saw you fall, it never happened. And that's all that matters.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
If s not the fall that hurts, but the sudden stop at the bottom. Don’t ask how I know…

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad that you are okay Para.

I recently tripped over a new growth of some vine that keeps trying to get started in our shrubbery and mulch. I kept trying to regain my balance but finally did a nice tuck and roll into the grass. Didn’t even have a sore spot, but I am not 75 or so as some of the posters above have stated. I immediately got up and looked toward the road to see if there were any witnesses to my stretched out stumble. It would have been a hilarious video.

Glad for all who have taken a tumble without serious injury. For any that were injured, I hope that your recovery went well.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post