SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Slipped and Fell
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slipped and Fell Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Wouldn't that be a great name for an ambulance-chasing law firm?

Hey, you know what's exhilarating? Well, all sorts of stuff, of course, but at my age, it's downright thrilling to slip and fall bare-ass naked on my bathroom floor and not break anything.

Hell, I'm not even sore. I bent a couple of toes the wrong way and I might ache tomorrow, but I'm this close to saying let's do it again!

No, seriously, on the way down, I said to myself "I'm about to break something." Coulda been bad.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Sing a little song
Do a little dance
Get down tonight!

Seriously, glad you are ok.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as being shot at slipping and falling on one's ass whilst nekkid without result" -Winston Churchill

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slyguy:
Sing a little song
Do a little dance
Get down tonight!
Oh no! Did someone say KC and the Sunshine Band?

posted Hide Post
Close call. I have to hang onto something for dear life when visiting Mom and using the shower.
Bottom of the unit could only be slicker if it were sprayed with PAM. Bathrooms can kill.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I see rubber mats in my immediate future

posted Hide Post
^^I feel the need to paint Mom's shower bottom with non-skid.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
It's about a once a year proposition from here on out.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I notice with age I'm not as steady or flexible. I stay plenty active, but I have to measure my movements more and more.

Glad you're okay para. And another song idea..."let's do it again....do, you you! Feel like I do?"

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that you're not hurt. Just goes to show that you're at "that age". I am too & I fall from time to time with no ill effects. I think one secret is realizing that you ARE going to fall - and not "tensing up" in the process. One thing that knocks me out is that every now & then one of my doctors will ask me: "Have you ever fallen?"... well DUHH! I'm 73, aint I? Well hell yes I've fallen! The trick is NOT in not falling, it's in learning HOW to fall!! Grow up, Doctor! (Again, glad you're not hurt)... Fred

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My most recent close call was with a running mower at my feet, as I slid down the ditchside behind it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About two years ago I tripped over a parking log and fell forward . I landed on my knee and my left wrist . Wrist hurt like hell all day so my wife finally told me to get my ass in the car and let's go see about it . My wrist was fractured . Thank GOD no surgery needed . I had to have therapy to restore the dexterity I lost by having wrist and fingers immobile . It's hell getting old . We just don't heal like we used to .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Glad you didn't get busted up. Nothing like the anxiety on the way down, knowing you're about to hit hard surfaces, naked.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I’m hearing a little tune in my head… Monty python…

“Always looked on the bright side… Of life!”

Glad you’re good! Smile

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
hen one of my doctors will ask me: "Have you ever fallen?"... well DUHH! I'm 73, aint I? Well hell yes I've fallen! The trick is NOT in not falling, it's in learning HOW to fall!! Grow up, Doctor! (Again, glad you're not hurt)... Fred

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Standard question required by Medicare as part of Wellness exams. Generally replaces are you in pain today?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I haven't done that, yet, but I did fail to realize I was about to walk off the first of two shallow steps at the Henry Ford Museum, yesterday, and crash. On marble.

I was ok, save for the embarrassment and brief discomfort where I landed on my wallet/ass-cheek. Glad to hear you're ok, too.

On the bright side: I found out my Apple Watch's fall detection works

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Glad you're OK!

I was a skiier in my youth and learned a very valuable lesson - you get hurt when you resist the fall.

Once the die is cast and you're going down, own it and go down the way you want as though you intended to do it. Roll, be a ball twist, etc. Never put your hands out, pull them in and soften the hit you are sure to take.

Worked for me on several unintended gravity situations where everyone around me thought in terms of broken bones, etc.

Keep this in mind, hard to do but worth it if you can.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Close call. I have to hang onto something for dear life when visiting Mom and using the shower.
Bottom of the unit could only be slicker if it were sprayed with PAM. Bathrooms can kill.

At the risk of hijacking the boss' thread (glad you're unscathed!), consider Stone Grip Industrial Non-Slip Floor Treatment for Tile and Stone for this. Our tile floor in shower was pretty darn slick and I'm in para's demo, and recognized I was going to die if I fell. One application of this every 18 months or so and it's been great! Guess it would work on non-shower areas as well, but rinsing will be more of a challenge after application.

Linky

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A while back I did a "header". I tried moving everything in hopes that nothing broke. All seemed o.k., and then I had to get back up on my feet!! I sure am glad that nobody was watching that fiasco. Next day I had some sore spots and then the bruises came......but I survived it to fall again!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Hows your ding a ling.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEC-lWSlmI

I seem to get hung up on something while dead heading flowers outside and fall all twisted up and most times into my moon flower plants.
Usually be one or two cars or golf cart driving by so it also puts on a show for the hood.

Anymore it wont hurt when it happens but when i wake up the next day it'll let me know.

My wife is the one that flat out bustes her ass though. I have watched her trip up in the garage more then once and how she comes out without breaking something is beyond me.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post