SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you guys like for pellet guns?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you guys like for pellet guns? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I want a real pellet gun. I have a Chicom. It works. It is accurate. It kills. Maybe some day I will get a real pellet gun.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5090 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I want a real pellet gun. I have a Chicom. It works. It is accurate. It kills. Maybe some day I will get a real pellet gun.

Who gives a shit about your America-hating shit stick?

Posts: 5164 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My Gamo Game Cat works well, the scope it came with is crap. I replaced it with a cheap Bushnell shotgun scope, headshots are easy at 75 feet or so with flat nosed lead pellets

Posts: 5362 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Benjamin Nitro Piston...

Well-rated rifle for ~$150, maybe less on sale/with discount.

Or you can get a dual/caliber stainless for about the same $$...buy a second cheap scope to throw on for the other barrel so you don't have to re-dial in if/when you swap...

https://www.pyramydair.com/pro...r-rifle-combo?m=3553

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you use a regular ole 22lr with CCi quiets?

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

Who gives a shit about your America-hating shit stick?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
HA!! That’s what I was thinking.

Something along the lines of a Benjamin 392 would likely be your best bet.

-inexpensive (relatively speaking)
-Pneumatic so very easy to shoot accurately
-Powerful at max pumps. Should be more then enough for a tree rat but I am no hunter
-Light and handy

All in all something like the above would probably be perfect.

Now if you want to get more into a nicer toy then purely a tool that’s another conversation.

Keep in mind that GENERALLY speaking cheaper made spring guns are typically harder to shoot for a myriad of reasons.

For what it’s worth I am also not a fan of the average “American hating shit sticks” Smile Razz for both political and practical reasons.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7708 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
One other thing and I think it’s been mentioned but a .22LR CB type primer only round out of a bolt action rifle will be quieter and put more energy on target easier (within it’s envelope). Air rifles are not as quiet as most folks believe and that 392 I suggested at max power will have a bark.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7708 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post