SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you guys like for pellet guns?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you guys like for pellet guns? Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted
I need a pellet gun for critter control. I want to reach out and touch these little bastards.

Under $250 pls.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6853 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
If you pad your budget a bit more you can get a nice springer from HW/weirauch, instead of giving money to genocidal maniacs bent on world domination(China)

I recommend an HW-95 or HW80 in .22.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I've bought several from PyramydAir and have yet to be disappointed. They have a huge selection at good prices.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15493 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased a Ruger Impact Max Elite 22 break barrel air rifle at Wal Mart for $150. I needed to dispatch a few red squirrels. It did the job nicely. A good head shot and they never felt a thing. I also have feral cats I have yet to try it out on but I'm confident it will have the same result. Powerful air gun.

I did a minor review of it here.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8541 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
got this for my wife, she's deadly with it...

https://www.pyramydair.com/pro...hot-air-rifle?m=5285

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
This one seems pretty nice. Gamo Swarm Magnum Gen 2.

Up to 1,300 FPS with alloy .22 Cal. Pellets. Rapid Reload 10 Shot Technology Break Barrel Air Rifle
    10X GEN 2 rapid reload technology includes our revolutionary horizontal inertia fed magazine integration.
    10 shot Magazine: Simply break the barrel and fire for lightning-quick follow-up shots.
    Whisper Fusion noise dampening technology. IGT Mach 1 gas piston. CAT (Custom Action Trigger) two-stage adjustable. Gamo 3-9x40 Scope included with Recoil Reducing Rail (RRR)
    5 YEAR WARRANTY. Made in Barcelona, Spain
    Sport type: Exercise & Fitness
    Included components: Pellet Rifle, Scope, Magazine

https://www.amazon.com/Gamo-61...porting-goods&sr=1-1

Posts: 6853 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Sheridan 5mm Cal Pump.

Have had one since the 60's. You can find them on ebay for 2-300.

Killed a lot of squirrels and birds with it over the years. Pump let's you vary the power.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3770 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
got this for my wife, she's deadly with it...

https://www.pyramydair.com/pro...hot-air-rifle?m=5285

Got the same and it is deadly to those little shits, and bigger, rabbits don't like head shots!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Up to 1,300 FPS with alloy .22 Cal. Pellets.

Remember, those pellets are super fast because they're super light. A bit of weight will make a lot of difference in terms of penetration.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Yea, I'd go with lead pellets anyway.

I'm now leaning towards the Maximm. 1/2 way between the magnum and the whisper. Less power but has the gen2 magazine.

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6331 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I suggest you post your query in the rifle room, there are several very knowledgeable members hanging out there, and several existing threads with great information.

Posts: 6528 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
The Benjamin Trail NP isn't so cheap anymore but the Vaporizer is within your budget. Interestingly. I've been watching vids of "dieseling" with a little Vaseline put in the pellet similar to the minié ball.

https://www.pyramydair.com/pro...-piston-elite?m=4691

Posts: 3535 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Gamo Whisper that shoots a . 177 Cal up to 1,250 feet per second with one pump.

Don't let the name fool you though. Even though they tout their patented noise cancelling technology it's about as quiet as slamming a car door as hard as you can.

It doesn't matter where I live but your situation could be different.

Posts: 3937 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Gamo Bone collectors. All you need for varmint control.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14014 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Benjamin Nitro Piston with Destroyer pellets.
Rabbits and woodchucks are scared.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sig has several Air Pistols and Rifles, got an e-mail on them today, prices close to the $250 budget some under , some over

Sig Air Rifles

Posts: 23618 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I second what BigJoe and msfzoe said. Either the Bejamin or Gamo hit hard. I have both. I've had good luck with a Daisy 880 out to about 21 yards. I HATE SQUIRRELS!

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a "break barrel" spring Beeman pellet gun that I purchased many years ago. I have no idea how many pack rats that thing has dispatched. It was reasonably priced.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
I second what BigJoe and msfzoe said. Either the Bejamin or Gamo hit hard. I have both. I've had good luck with a Daisy 880 out to about 21 yards. I HATE SQUIRRELS!

Interesting you mentioned squirrels!! Couple years ago we had some issues with the varmints. My son was dropping them at a good 40-50 yards with no problem at all.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14014 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post