SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A message to all those who whip out their phone to start recording any mayhem they may witness
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A message to all those who whip out their phone to start recording any mayhem they may witness Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No fucking shit, Captain. You should have figured that out two pages back.

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I think I’d be fine banning all smartphones for the good of America. One fail swoop, it’s over. Those that need mobile computing could carry a tablet of some sort. No problem with a flip phone and SMS. I’d risk the wu-flu and go to the most populated place locally just be there when the news is read. The crying and whining by the addicts would be absolutely priceless.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12643 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’ve said for years how can these people stand there and watch this instead of doing something to help. Spineless cowards.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7947 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Not all vultures can fly.
I remember a TV reporter in Houston trying to interview a guy trapped in his wrecked auto.
One of these days a reporter/photographer is going to ask some poor soul, “How does it feel to be dying?”

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A while back at work we had a group lunch with 10 people. We sat in silence since the other 9 were on their cell phones.

I'm not surfing the net on a screen smaller than my dick.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13402 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When I was a kid, I kept a nickel taped to the inside of my wallet, in case I needed to make a phone call.

I have the dollar my father carried in his wallet until the day he died in my wallet. He always said "a dollar will get you home".

It was a replacement for the first dollar he had that he used in 1974 when our car broke down in Spokane, Washington to call my older brother that had just come back from Vietnam to come get us.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
My dad always told me to leave when bad stuff goes down. For example, in college, if I had a buddy/buddies starting to push and shove and talk smack, I'd just leave. I'm not the friend you want with you if you're about to start a fight, cause I'm out of there. When any shit goes down my instinct is to drop a ninja smoke bomb.

People film so many things that could potentially put themselves in danger. If a fight breaks out, a gun can come out...see ya! A fire could mean an explosion...see ya! A protest could mean all kinds of bad stuff...see ya! you get the idea.

I just don't stay around situations that can go bad and either harm me or get me caught up in stuff I don't want to be in. So I really don't understand the impulse to remain in such a situation, grab my phone and actually get closer so I have a good view. Crazy to me.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
When my step kids are acting up, I tell em keep it up and I'll spike that IPAD on the ground into 1000 pieces. And they know I want nothing more in this life than to do that so that usually gets them to comply. I can connect back every back behavior/ decision they make to that drug they are addicted to, and I want it destroyed. Forces greater than me protect it (wife.)

I have an Iphone I look at with contempt. I'm ready to toss it in a lake and be done.

These sheeple make me sick. I fantasize about Gunnery Sgt Hartman choking them while he yells through clenched teeth, squeezing the vice grip a little more every octive he goes higher. Mad

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6976 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Its infuriating, and its very depressing. I stopped at an accident a few months ago involving a fatality (right before C-19, when my outside life completely stopped). I always stop to help. But this one still sticks with me - a bunch of lookie-loo's/onlookers were filming.
I was the one who called 911, I was the one who started helping. No one else called 911, they were all filming!!
I just happened to be driving and witnessed the entire event, as did my Assistant Director of my Department (he was in a separate car, one lane away) - both of us were returning from another meeting. We were 2 out of only 4 people to help- 1 other out of the 4 was involved directly in the MVA - and she was also a MD, but OB/GYN, not EM/ED.
As soon as PD & FD showed up (& I personally know a bunch of them) I asked some of the officers to stop the filming. Even had a news helicopter flying overhead (made the evening news)

Its not just the self absorption, the lack of respect, the despicable action - its not just the anger at these subhuman sludges who can't be bothered to help. I found it to be such a depressing sad statement of people are these days. Human lives mean nothing to them. That PD officer who called out the jerks further up deserves to be on national news and recognized. Curiosity is natural albeit macabre to some losers. Its not ok to be callous and to stop caring.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Valid point as you’re making it. But... limiting Or revoking my use of my smartphone because a bunch of “softer than peeps” dumbasses don’t know how to properly behave with their electronic devices, shouldn’t be a burden I should have to bear.

What is the ratio of cell phones to people in this country? Specifically smart phones as you’re speaking of? Over the age of 10, what, 80%?
What’s the ratio of concealed and open carry people? 1/10 at best, probably not even that good. (A quick google search says that 3 million people carry concealed in the US. So less than 1/100.)

So 30 dumbasses whip out a phone at a traffic accident. That’s out of 38 people passing by. That would be at best, 4 people who have a concealed weapon, and using the Washington Times stats, one third of a person with a concealed weapon.

Now take into account that there is no law against filming everything. Brandishing a weapon is a crime. People who carry concealed most likely wish to keep that privilege. Comparing cell phones and guns at a traffic accident aren’t the same. It’s not a normal comparison.

I’m trying to point out, that while I agree with your original post and most of these people can shove their phone so far up their ass they can taste it for all I care, saying we should remove their right to own a smartphone, isn’t much different than all the gun grabbers saying they need to disarm America.

The biggest problem I have with this is that it is a non sequitur for one big reason: It isn't a right to have smartphone. It also isn't the second thing they wrote into the Bill of Rights. In fact, it isn't there at all. It's comparing apples with hand grenades. This is the very definition of a non sequitur argument.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When I was a kid, I kept a nickel taped to the inside of my wallet, in case I needed to make a phone call.
In my case it was a dime in my pocket. Always made sure I had at least one dime. I rode by myself all over the city of Detroit on its buses when I was 9 and 10, knowing that I could call home if needed. (Don't remember ever having to do so, though.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post