SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Democrats are floating canceling the Super Bowl
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Democrats are floating canceling the Super Bowl Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Democrats can contemplate it all they want - the NFL is a private entity and can do whatever the hell it wants. (as we have seen)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Thatsa shame Smile I couldn't even tell you whose playing..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
Yup, that roasting stuff and the brain washing are also going to happen. What country are you in.?

Somebody been shoveling a little too much snow and get cranky? Or just have no sense of humor? Of course nobody is going to get roasted on a spit here, at least not unless the GDCs get full control and I suspect even if they ever did we’d have another revolution before it got that far.

To answer your question, Commiefornia, but I doubt that it will be a lot longer.

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Didn’t even know they were still playing, and my life is so much better for it.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Democrats acting like Democrats- talking shit, lying, wanting to take away stuff from citizens, thinking they rule the world and that they know best. And then try to blame it on Bad Orange Man.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

No one can definitively. At least not yet.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

Neither can I. But if you could, you could make quite a wager at the sports betting window. Wink

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Curious. How can Democrats cancel the Super Bowl? What gives them the power to do this?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30713 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they will also try to cancel the Indianapolis 500. That might actually get a reaction.

Posts: 6627 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Yup, that roasting stuff and the brain washing are also going to happen. What country are you in.?

Somebody been shoveling a little too much snow and get cranky? Or just have no sense of humor? Of course nobody is going to get roasted on a spit here, at least not unless the GDCs get full control and I suspect even if they ever did we’d have another revolution before it got that far.

To answer your question, Commiefornia, but I doubt that it will be a lot longer.

if that was humor, I missed it big time. You guys must be a scream at the cemetery. Razz

Now, regarding your post to me, that was funny

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've got a snowballs chance in hell of canceling the super bowl. If anything it highlights the childishness of the dems for doing this over a $5 billion dollar expenditure.

Last year just for food + beverages. $1.3 billion on beer & cider alone.
quote:
Total spending surrounding the Super Bowl is expected to top $15.3 billion.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-st...ps/story?id=52778761

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13407 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Curious. How can Democrats cancel the Super Bowl? What gives them the power to do this?

Think indirectly. Feds form an important component of security arrangements along with state and local authorities. If the Dems can find a way to prevent funding for federal security or prohibit the feds' participation in security then the risk of a terrorist attack or some other catastrophe goes up. The Dems then start muttering darkly to the NFL Commissioners and team owners about the civil liability they would face and the extremely bad publicity they would have to deal with if something went wrong, and in theory the NFL would cave to the point of canceling or rescheduling the Super Bowl to avoid the risks. Even if the NFL didn't cave, fed security people would be quoted in the media as having heart attacks over what could happen and Trump might, notionally, be pressured into trying to muscle the NFL into canceling or rescheduling the Super Bowl.

You will note that the entire strategy rests on a series of "ifs" and assumptions that may or may not hold true - as is so often the case with Dems' strategies.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's an empty threat, the sole purpose of which is to make people angry at President Trump.

I'm guessing it will backfire

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37992 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Think indirectly. Feds form an important component of security arrangements along with state and local authorities. If the Dems can find a way to prevent funding for federal security or prohibit the feds' participation in security then the risk of a terrorist attack or some other catastrophe goes up. The Dems then start muttering darkly to the NFL Commissioners and team owners about the civil liability they would face and the extremely bad publicity they would have to deal with if something went wrong, and in theory the NFL would cave to the point of canceling or rescheduling the Super Bowl to avoid the risks. Even if the NFL didn't cave, fed security people would be quoted in the media as having heart attacks over what could happen and Trump might, notionally, be pressured into trying to muscle the NFL into canceling or rescheduling the Super Bowl.

You will note that the entire strategy rests on a series of "ifs" and assumptions that may or may not hold true - as is so often the case with Dems' strategies.

Again, why are our tax dollars being used to provide security at a completely private event? If our federal professionals are so good at preventing terrorist acts at private sporting events, they should be providing the NFL with a bill. The fed should be under no obligation to do it on the nations dime. That is waste, fraud, and abuse IMO.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Think indirectly. Feds form an important component of security arrangements along with state and local authorities. If the Dems can find a way to prevent funding for federal security or prohibit the feds' participation in security then the risk of a terrorist attack or some other catastrophe goes up.
I see. This is all predicated on taxpayers' money being used for the benefit of a huge profit making private organization. I had not thought about it that way.

Seems to me that the cost of government-provided security should be paid by the NFL. I guess that will never happen.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30713 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

if that was humor, I missed it big time. You guys must be a scream at the cemetery. Razz

Now, regarding your post to me, that was funny

Sorry, I thought between a) the Dims shutting down the Super Bowl, and b) someone explaining to Leftists the limits of their power we were clearly beyond reality. Sorry if I extended the absurdity too far.

Glad you at least got some laughs out of the second. Smile

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ops cwo
posted Hide Post
Please let them cancel and see how fast the polls tank the democraps...

Posts: 266 | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Again, why are our tax dollars being used to provide security at a completely private event?

The theory goes like this: Super Bowls generate buisness (advertising, beer sales, etc., etc.), buisness generates revenues, revenues generate profits, profits are taxable, so it helps stimulate the economy and fill the coffers of the U.S. Treasury. At the same time, a massive catastrophe that the government wasn't in position to respond to would result in the government being massively criticized for being unprepared to cope with a major problem in a public setting. Whether you buy the theory or not is entirely up to you - I certainly can't prove it off of the top of my head.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see. This is all predicated on taxpayers' money being used for the benefit of a huge profit making private organization. I had not thought about it that way.

Seems to me that the cost of government-provided security should be paid by the NFL. I guess that will never happen.

LOL
The NFL doesn't pay for anything, including the venue.
In fact, the City of Atlanta put together a bid package whereby it gives the NFL $46 million for the privilege of hosting the event.
https://www.ajc.com/sports/foo...jsVdV4AQUQ8b65v3HpM/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24164 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post