SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Democrats are floating canceling the Super Bowl
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Democrats are floating canceling the Super Bowl Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Zero fucks given

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
If security is such an issue, the insurance carriers providing coverage to the NFL the owners of the venue, the teams, the consessionaires, the high asset attendees, the broadcasters, the satellite owners carrying the feed, and every other insured should either cancel the coverage or add a zero or two to the policies' costs.

That way they lessen their exposure and should one or more elements pull out due to the cost and the house of cards fall, it's the fault of no one except the audience, who would be unwilling to pay $250 for hot dogs and $400 beers needed to cover the insurance increases.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31465 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I only skimmed much of the article, but, uh, what authority does the Congress have to cancel a private event?

Like, they don't even have law enforcement powers, given that that is the purview of the executive, so, ummm, what am I missing?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Someone needs to slowly and carefully explain to these people the limits of their imagined powers.

Preferably while roasting them on a spit on national television, prior to calling for nominations of the replacements. Hopefully the replacements will be forced to watch the roasting on continuous loop for several hours (days?) before taking office. I think the expression goes something like, “Pour encourager les autres.” but my one semester of high school French was a long time ago...

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The NFL is a billion dollar plus a year organization and can certainly afford to pay law enforcement at the local, state level or private security to cover down on security. I could care less if the Super bowl is cancelled but I don't see how congress has the legal authority to cancel it or even prevent federal agencies from supporting the SB. Awesome President Trump has the courage to stand up to the democrats and liberal news media to do what is right for America.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I am just tired of everyone claiming federal employees are “working without pay

Bullshit! Every single one is going to get paid once the temper tantrums are over and the government gets around to half-assedly doing their job again.

Yes, their pay is delayed but they will get paid. Some will even get extra pay or bonuses for the trouble.

It really burns me that those NOT working will get paid as well. If they are going to get the pay why not just have them work too?

Just more theater for politicians to try and show they are relevant and important and how much we really need the government.

They’ve been kicking this can down the road for 15+ years. Self-evident they don’t want to fix the problem as it is more beneficial to them for fundraising and campaigning than it is to actually solve a problem that is nowhere near as difficult as they would like the low info voters to believe.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Let 'em. The world will be a better place without those ego-inflated thugs dominating the airwaves.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Zero fucks given

Agree

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cancel it. And for the Dems to even consider this, shows how desperate they are to be in control.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
It wouldn't bother me, but I'm certain the Democrats are hoping by doing so they'd have millions of pissed off fans. Of coarse they'd be swayed to blame President Trump, not the Democrats.
Funny how the Democrats are so worried about security for the State of the Union and a sports event, but not worried about the border.

Democrats are just assholes.
It's an empty threat... they have no authority or jurisdiction.

Sure, the Department of Homeland Security helped with security previously... but that's not necessary and it doesn't give them control. It's not their event.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24159 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

No shit. Why even report such nonsense, never mind let it take up one second of your consciousness?

People say all sorts of stupid and unrealistic crap. The need for media to fill 24 hours of news programming prompts them to report such foolishness. It doesn't mean we have to pay it one bit of attention.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
GAS about whether the super bowl goes off on schedule, or at all.

I think that idea floated about federal involvement by those lunatics simply shows their total lack of knowledge, but also insight into their ultimate goal. I.e. Gubbermint control of every aspect of our lives.

I wonder when they plan on implementing the chip implant or the tattoo to buy.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Seriously....who gives a shit.
These fucking Democrats are too stubborn to even negotiate, put them on a drone plane and let it run out of fuel in the middle of the Atlantic!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Meh. Multiple meh. I'm quaking in my boots that there won't be a Superbowl--NOT. There is probably no TV spectacle I am less interested in.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
The super bowl is the mecca of toxic masculinity .....so of course they want to cancel it.

Let them try and cancel it, they think they got beat in PA and WI before, the next election will be a massacre. The blue collar dems will be on the capitol front steps with tar...and more tar

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
wondering if we can cancel democrats and keep the Super Bowl

I won't be watching it - except to perhaps watch Gladys Knight sing the anthem...that will be the best part of the whole 'show'

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Someone needs to slowly and carefully explain to these people the limits of their imagined powers.

Preferably while roasting them on a spit on national television, prior to calling for nominations of the replacements. Hopefully the replacements will be forced to watch the roasting on continuous loop for several hours (days?) before taking office. I think the expression goes something like, “Pour encourager les autres.” but my one semester of high school French was a long time ago...

Yup, that roasting stuff and the brain washing are also going to happen. What country are you in.?

Cousin Vinnie

posted January 18, 2019 12:42 PM
Hide Post
GOOD! Cancel the damn Super Bowl.....who wants to watch these no American PoS's that won't respect the flag and the national anthem, but choose to raise a "Black Power Fist" or kneel? I say we all take a stand and F*CK the NFL and their players.
---------------------------------------------
And cancel the First too. You sound as bad as they do on this subject. BTW, That would be a lot of F*UCKING. Wink

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Cancel it, and make sure everyone knows who wanted it that way. Why are tax dollars being used to provide security at what amounts to a private business event in the first place? With the revenue from the retard festival known as the super bowl, the NFL can pay for their own security.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the companies that want their commercials shown will offer to pay for the wall.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post