SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dashcam Video Of Kansas Officer Shooting After Traffic Stop
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dashcam Video Of Kansas Officer Shooting After Traffic Stop Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted

I don't think I'd want to work with that female officer after this. I'm just glad no one got hurt!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Not sure if it was needed. Legally - it's probably justified. He threw the officer to the ground and was on top of him.

If she had a tazer or hickory stick - those would probably have been my first choice...

But - you have to know that started a physical fight with a cop isn't going to end well at all.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Why?

Admittedly, it is early and I have just started on my first cup of coffee, but I didn't see what she did, or might have done. wrong.

The idiot was resisting arrest, after several minutes of ranting and raving towards the cop.

They should have just tased the ass hole while he was still in the car.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
Not sure if it was needed. Legally - it's probably justified. He threw the officer to the ground and was on top of him.

If she had a tazer or hickory stick - those would probably have been my first choice...

But - you have to know that started a physical fight with a cop isn't going to end well at all.

She yelled "taser, taser". Then, "oh shit, I shot him".

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
"Oh shit, I shot him"
I'd like to read this narrative.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I was at work :-) and didn't have the sound turned up at all. I just saw her shoot the dude.

So, I was right - taser was the correct first choice...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Why?

Admittedly, it is early and I have just started on my first cup of coffee, but I didn't see what she did, or might have done. wrong.

Mistook her firearm for her tazer, shot her firearm into the perp which very easily could have penetrated him and injured the other officer, and then cried, "Oh shit! I shot him!" Loud enough for everyone to hear. Like, at trial. But, mostly, putting the other officer in jeopardy.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
She apparently resigned from the police force back in January.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
If you're gonna pull over Samuel L. Jackson, you better bring your lunch, cause you're gonna M-F'in' be there a M-F'in'while, M-F'in M-F'er...

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Wow.....that was just like being back at work......except for the shots fired call. Thank God.

The homies must all read from the same script. MFer being the most common, noun, verb, adjective.....

And of course the playing of the obligatory race card. Stupid mother fuckers. Oops! Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
All that for a seat belt violation. Roll Eyes

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
All that for a seat belt violation. Roll Eyes

A $30 fine and a 5 minute stop, if that.

Way to go, Einstein - you really showed The Man!! Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
dumbass

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
According to the story she admitted she ment to grab her taser but grabbed her gun instead. Roll Eyes They’re going to prosecute her and rightfully so.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Trash like this perp does not belong on the earth. Does every sentence have MF in it?

She was not thinking ahead while the officer was talking to the perp. When the pair went to the ground she reacted.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
According to the story she admitted she ment to grab her taser but grabbed her gun instead.

And we were just discussing that sort of mistake.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
You want to do the tango with the police you are going to get shot.
The male officer did everything he could of done to simply write the guy a ticket.
I cannot argue with the outcome.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Questions for LEO asked out of ignorant curiosity:

As a male officer is there reluctance to have a female partner or to be backed up by a female officer due to size/strength disadvantages in hands on situations like this? It's seems to me that another officer in her position could have gained physical control over the douche bag at least long enough for the officer who was on the ground to regain his footing and help cuff the suspect.

As a follow up, do female officers have to escalate use of force to lethal means more quickly, and more often, due to being physically overmatched by a the majority of suspects who chose to get physical?

Are suspects more likely to get physical with a female officer due to a perceived advantage in a fight?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
After hearing about 3 MF'ers did this and that, I would have tased this asshole into a coma. Police should not have to put up with this kind of BS.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The perp was going all out on the cop. If he did not have a partner, the perp could have easily killed him if he wanted to. Taser would have been better, but I would not ask the woman to resign.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post