SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    the best thing about your 2018 summer
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the best thing about your 2018 summer Login/Join 
posted
For me it was the outstanding watermelons,
this is the first summer that I can remember , NOT having to return 4 or 5 watermelons to the store.

I did not have to return one melon !

and most were delicious .

this years crop was better than candy ,
How's bout you ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Best thing? It's almost over!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Best thing? It almost over!

Big Grin

I'm not a fan of summer either. So I'll say the best thing about this summer is that it wasn't as hot as usual. Cooler than normal, and rainy.

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Retirement. Moving back home to be with family. I don't have to hear about family over the phone anymore.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vacation in Bavaria (thankfully after their heat wave broke). Can't beat the biergartens, King Ludwig's castles and the great food.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Grew a new to me variety of cherry tomatoes, Super Sweet 100, and they produced tomatoes even even during the hottest weather. They aren't quite as tasty as husky red cherry tomatoes, but they're close and have produced more tomatoes than the Husky Reds did last year.

All of my other heat tolerant varieties quit producing tomatoes 6 or 8 weeks ago. They're alive and should start producing again in 2 or 3 weeks.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Love my Summertime fly fishing!

free pic upload

image uploading

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Total knee replacement was successful.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Got to spend a lot of time on the lake bass fishing. It's been a good summer.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Got hired by United. So I've got that going for me...

Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
How do you return a watermelon?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To quote Monty Python;

I'm not dead yet!

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I am enjoying the rain and cool front this weekend. This summer I made a lot of cold soups, gazpacho, vichysoise, megyleves, and corn chowder.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post

Did several great hikes in Glacier Park. Headed up this week for another while the weather holds.

#2 would have to be my rides all over the West in my 2017 SS Camaro. Like going back in time 50 yrs to my youth.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My roof didn’t leak much because of the drought.

Posts: 26943 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
That it's over.

Posts: 1980 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Native Brookie on the bottom?

quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Love my Summertime fly fishing!

free pic upload

image uploading

Posts: 1980 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Our new pup, Max the Australian Shepherd:

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4364 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
Won my first sailboat race. Point to point, 25 mile race up the South Florida coast. It was early in the summer and was a great start.

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Besides it's ending soon, summer in TX sucks...we got to go home to NW PA, the lake was awesome as always and we got to spend quality time with the family.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post