SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kamala Harris denounces European explorers for ushering in 'wave of devastation' for Native Americans
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kamala Harris denounces European explorers for ushering in 'wave of devastation' for Native Americans Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Harris spouting off bumper sticker quotes and virtuous slogans, while 'dropping some knowledge' does nothing for Natives.

No, but it does something for her.

"hey everyone, look at me. I'm over here."

It isn’t helping her one bit. I’d say quite the opposite effect is occurring.

No one likes her. Not even her own staff. That ain’t gonna change.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Nothings changed since Dec 2019 when she was one of the first candidates to drop out of the Dem nomination race.

She was solidly at the "top of the bottom" of candidates (above Steyer, Yang, Klobuchar, Gabbard and Spartacus Booker).

We all know why she was installed in the VP slot...identity politics.

I have spoken to younger people in my company that think is perfectly natural that someone of little or no competence shoudl be "kin charge" because of the color of their skin and ho many X chromosomes they have (e.g. Pocahantas, Stacey Abrams)....

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
“You will see craters, on the moon!
With your own very eyes!”
-kamalatoe

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From a family of slave traders, she has little to talk about.

Is she giving her ill gotten gains as reparations to the slaves and the Indians?

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
She’s a fool and an ignoramus appealing to fools and ignoramuses.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, the poor natives. They got conquered by a technologically superior culture. Welcome to the history of the world since the apes came down from the trees and started walking on two legs, Kamala.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Oh, the poor natives. They got conquered by a technologically superior culture. Welcome to the history of the world since the apes came down from the trees and started walking on two legs, Kamala.

Get ready to speak Chinese …

~Robert A. Heinlein

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
She’s a fool and an ignoramus appealing to fools and ignoramuses.
She's a scheming fool, though--since she's also ignorant her schemes aren't working for her too well (fortunately for us).

bigwagon, I tried a couple of times to make a statement about that and didn't succeed in crafting one I liked. You're correct--conquer and subjugation of lesser technologies have been the rule all through history.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
No sensible person would deny that horrible things happened to the aboriginal people of the Americas following their discovery by Europeans. The things that happened to them were the sorts of things that happened to most conquered people at the time, and to this day in places. That doesn’t make any of it right, but neither does it make any of it correctable today.

No sensible person would deny that the descendants of those people are unimaginably better off today—especially in the US—than their pre-Columbian ancestors were or ever reasonably hoped to be.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Pandering indeed.

What she says about what happened when Europeans showed up in the Americas isn't wrong, but so the fuck what?

When a fairly technologically advanced society encounters stone age people, what do you think is going to happen? Add the extra bad luck that Americans hadn't been exposed to Old World disease.

And we can't do shit about it now. The bell cannot be un-rung, and after as many as four hundred years from the initial contact we can't even begin to try to "fix" it. We can observe the deals we made with the Indians, and we should. In the long run, it may not be in their best interest, but a deal is a deal.

Somewhere in everyone's past is an ancestor who was oppressed by a foreign invader. Maybe some Welshman in my past was killed or raped by a Viking. Should I be looking to the Danes for a few Euros?

So, shut the hell up, Kamala.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
So she’s concerned about diseases from foreign lands?

Give me a break.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that Columbus right now is thinking to himself how he could have been so thoughtless

she's still a clueless twunt

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I think Harris may well be the stupidest person ever elected to high office in the United States (and I’m not forgetting AOC either).

Here in GA we have someone that beets them all hands down.
Hank Johnson. Stupid plus delusional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...hannel=AndrewsArcade

She’s obviously not very bright, but I remembered Hank Johnson, and Maxine Waters and got to thinking maybe “stupidest” wasn’t the best descriptor to use for her. “Unimpressive” is a good word. She also seems completely bereft of any leadership ability.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's as dumb as he is.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
How can she say all those terrible things about people who came here to escape white European oppression?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, she's going to be President in ~two years then were going to wish Uncle Joe was able to finish sentences and still be President vs having her in the White House. I think China will make their move on Taiwan when she becomes President. She'll be a deer in the headlights with China..

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's funny that they have no idea why we have Columbus Day as a holiday. The Italian explorer Christopher Columbus is a source of pride for Italian Americans - their Catholic service organization is the Knights of Columbus. The holiday Columbus Day was a political appeal to Italians and only observed since the 1930's.

Go ahead, insult a large ethnic group and lose their vote. Next she can insult the Irish and St. Patrick's Day and lose their vote. And she can continue to denigrate all of those of European descent, and lose even more votes.

Good thing democrats have dumbed down math or they would realize that pandering to a small percentage of U.S. citizens is not a winning strategy in the long term.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be honest, no one cares what she says or thinks, not even the Democrats. She’s been shuffled off to projects that aren’t going anywhere. Probably the worst VP in history, even more useless than Dan Quayle, without the entertainment value.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw the craters on the moon. With my own eyes!
With an El Cheapo Celestron telescope. From my backyard. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Wouldn’t the day Columbus found the Americas just be “a day that some people did something?” Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post