SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Sugar Bowl Longhorns vs Dawgs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Sugar Bowl Longhorns vs Dawgs Login/Join 
posted
UT showed up last night, did the conference proud pulling off this unlikely win. Georgia was favored to win by 13 or so, the Horn defense never let them get into a consistent rhythm. Great team win, Ehlinger is right, the Horns are back. I think Mr Allen would be happy.
Don't understand the logic behind calling for an onside kickoff beginning the 2nd half, seemed like a squirrelly call.

Posts: 3601 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Guess that drives a stake through the heart of the claim that two-loss Georgia belonged in the playoffs.

Posts: 13305 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4989 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
The dawgs just didn't show up at all. Kindof like they did at the LSU game. They just aren't quite ready for prime time yet.

When they are playing at their best - I think they could beat anyone. They just don't seem to play that way very often...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Bevo getting after UGA was awesome.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12453 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The UG coach looked rattled from the start. Don't know who he is but seemed cooked from the get go.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19256 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I am triggered by the bullying of Bevo. I need my safe space and some crayons and some bubbles.

GIG ‘EM...WOOOOOOOP! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hook Em

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2366 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like Smart is just a Richt 2.0. That was always Richt's problem, UGA would collapse for no apparent reason?

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve been reading some comments about the brief incident, before the game, involving UT mascot Bevo and the UGA bulldog mascot. I am blown away by all the people who think Texas should do away with Bevo (and Ralphie, the CU mascot) because they “don’t belong on the ‘field’,” “it’s going to kill someone,” etc. etc. Jeezus people get a grip. Haven’t enough traditions fallen away. I don’t like UT or CU, but leave their mascots alone!

Posts: 13305 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
So who are the rocket surgeons that thought bringing these two animals together would be a good idea? That's the problem, not the mascots themselves.

This Aggie was happy to see the 'Horns win last night. No doubt JAllen and my dad (UT '58) are celebrating the win today.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2543 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hook Em

UT'65

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were at the game last night. It was a great atmosphere from the opening kick. Our section, right behind the Longhorn bench, was on our feet for every play of the game. The final score didn't really reflect the game, the dogs were never in it. I think their side of the stadium only came alive 3 or 4 times the whole night.

We are off to dinner in Nola tonight on our 20 year anniversary, good time so far thanks to the Horns!

BEVO is now the 1st mascot to ever be called for targeting Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Texas played an extremely good game. My hats off to them...they looked really good in all quarters.

Unfortunately for Georgia, they played very flat, off key and sloppy for three quarters...quite a bit like Auburn in their bowl game vs UCF last year. It's hard for a team who came oh so close to get back up for what amounts to an exhibition game. They all have done it....including alabama. Surely it must drive the coaches nuts but sometimes a team who fell short of their goal come out and lay bowl game eggs. Georgia certainly did yesterday and Texas surely made them pay.

0:01

Posts: 4215 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Big 12 3-1 vs the Sec in bowl games.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
No doubt JAllen and my dad (UT '58) are celebrating the win today.
Yeah, while watching the game I was imagining the smile Jim was likely wearing. Smile Glad to see Texas pick up the win.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Bevo getting after UGA was awesome.

That was hilarious. I thought UT was going to lose, but they pulled it off. It was a good game.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8674 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a good game. Hook Em

Posts: 1571 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Two targeting fouls on Texas at the end of the game. TV camera pans a closeup to the Texas coach and he's smirking and smiling with a 'way to go' look on his face. Don't know what he may have been listening to on his headset or what was going on around him but it was presented as his reaction to the unnecessary fouls. Maybe tells me about all I need to know about that coach, or maybe I read it wrong or out of context. Either way, a great win for Texas.

Posts: 4730 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It could not have happened to a nicer bunch after all of their mouthing for the past few weeks.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post