SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those of you in Texas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those of you in Texas Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Lots of rain in my area (NE Tarrant County) a few low lying streets got covered with some water, and I guess some with fast running water which would be dangerous for those that ventured across. But good god, we needed this rain. 5 inches on my property that soaked in quickly because of the near no rain situation since mid May. We did have a rain event (2 inches) a few weeks ago, but the return of 100 degree weather made short work of that. Sympathies to those that have experienced power outage and/or property lose. Texas weather has big swings. Hot to cold dry to very wet. And no, it's not climate change... it's how weather's been in Texas for decades.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Here in DFW and surrounding counties, people got anywhere from 3 to 11 inches of rain from mid-afternoon yesterday (Sunday) to mid-afternoon today (Monday).

Some of the lines were pretty distinct, with one city getting 4 inches and another city just 8 miles away getting 8. Just crazy.

Posts: 4502 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live about 40 miles north of Dallas and we've had around 1in of rain.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still raining inEast Texas about 125 miles from DFW. Weather app says 3”+, some on Facebook reporting 4” or more.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live near DFW Airport and the airport recorded 9.19" in a 24 hour period. No flooding here.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Got 3.6” of rain overnight

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23279 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post