SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who should replace Alex Trebek ? A non political thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who should replace Alex Trebek ? A non political thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I used to watch the show quite often. I have not since Trebek died. And thats my plan for the future.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brent Spiner.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Just go with Levar Burton. Everybody will be happy.

Yeah, but he sucked.

Agreed. Neither my wife nor I liked him.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Again, just take it off the air. Every Goddamned thing in this entire Goddamned country is poisoned with politics. Just let the show end.

I know that's not going to happen, because there's money to be made, but I am sick of all of it.

This needs repeating.

Sad how far down into the cesspool we've gotten as Country.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
Of those that guest hosted, my favorite was David Faber.

Not that well known and his personality didn't overpower the game. I thought he did really well.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Sounds like they used cancel culture to their advantage to reverse an unpopular decision in the first place. Just go with Levar Burton. Everybody will be happy.

Won’t happen. Captain Picard would never allow one of his crew to be placed in Jeopardy.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cant stand Myam Biallyuck,
Unwatchable,
Iam done till she is the heck outa here

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't tell you what had changed in her presentation but I find her tolerable now and have started w as thing ag again.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still find her annoying and unappealing. Her commercials shilling for some bogus brain enhancement does not help. I know you really like the show and would guess you just got used to her presentation. Of course Joe Namath would be worse.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
It's like replacing a long term winning coach, whomever comes up next is going to face difficulties, no matter how good they may be...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
After watching Johnny Depp’s funniest moments in trial, I would vote that he is the replacement. His intelligence has surprised me.

I think he would be a far bit better.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post