SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who should replace Alex Trebek ? A non political thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who should replace Alex Trebek ? A non political thread Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Mayim Bialik has been chosen.

Amy Farah Fowler...Blossom? Eek

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Mayim Bialik has been chosen.

Amy Farah Fowler...Blossom? Eek

Yes.
quote:
Going to be two hosts. Mike Richards for the syndicated shows, and Miyam Bialik for the specials.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Mike Richards for the syndicated shows

Kramer is going to host Jeopardy?

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mayim Bialik

Perfect. Just freakin' take the show off the air. I wouldn't watch her host a garbage dump.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

I'm right there with ya Alex.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Typical Hollywood hyper-leftist. She went to college but can't grasp the most basic of concepts, such as liberty. It's perfect- for this most cerebral of game shows, they chose a truly clueless child actor. They might as well have chosen Gwyneth Paltrow.

I wouldn't watch that shit even if you held me at gunpoint.

posted Hide Post
Mike Richards, the current producer, will host the syndicated version shown in most markets at 7:00 or 7:30 pm. Bialik will host only the occasional network specials. I have no idea what Mike Richards politics are, and that's a good thing. Doesn't take a mind reader to know where Bialik is coming from.

I'll watch the syndicated version but skip any network specials.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
I have no idea what Mike Richards politics are, and that's a good thing.
Just as I am unaware of Trebek's politics. That's the way it has to be these days.

Bialik, on the other hand, runs her fucking suck with idiotic comments straight out of the leftist playbook. I hope she gets run over by a Goddamned truck before she can tape her first episode.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
This makes me think the decision was already made even while Trebek was alive. Did Mike even guest hosted for a week just to confirm his likability with the audience?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:
Ken Jennings is a progressive elitist, anti conservative. Disappointing how you folks keep on supporting this crap.

No wonder this country going to hell and these K J supporters each bear responsibility for it continuing decline. Don't support the enemy.

Go back and read the thread title. This is supposed to be a non political thread and as someone who is tired of politics right now I would appreciate you carrying that shit elsewhere.

Much like Alex Trebek did, as long as Ken Jennings keeps his political views out of the show, I don't care what they are.
in the end politics did matter.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Mike Richards is out as 'Jeopardy' host, the drama continues...

quote:
Richards, who is also executive producer of “Jeopardy!,” saw his hold on the job undone with astonishing speed after unflattering and downright ugly details surfaced about his past conduct and statements he made on an eight-year-old podcast series. He will remain the show’s executive producer.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Mike Richards, out!

quote:
Mike Richards is out as “Jeopardy!” host, just nine days after he was tapped to succeed the legendary Alex Trebek as the face of the beloved quiz show.

Richards, who is also executive producer of “Jeopardy!,” saw his hold on the job undone with astonishing speed after unflattering and downright ugly details surfaced about his past conduct and statements he made on an eight-year-old podcast series. He will remain the show’s executive producer.

On Friday, Sony Pictures TV confirmed that Richards had agreed to step aside as host. In a statement, Richards said the backlash had created “too much of a distraction for our fans and not the right move for the show.”

Richards’ hasty exit as host came a day after the Anti-Defamation League called for an investigation after a report surfaced in The Ringer that Richards made disparaging remarks about Jews, women and other groups in episodes of the comedy podcast “The Randumb Show” recorded in 2013 and 2014

Link, Variety article

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they used cancel culture to their advantage to reverse an unpopular decision in the first place. Just go with Levar Burton. Everybody will be happy.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Sounds like they used cancel culture to their advantage to reverse an unpopular decision in the first place. Just go with Levar Burton. Everybody will be happy.

Yeah, but he sucked. That guy who did the last session was pretty good.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Again, just take it off the air. Every Goddamned thing in this entire Goddamned country is poisoned with politics. Just let the show end.

I know that's not going to happen, because there's money to be made, but I am sick of all of it.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Taking it off the air (temporarily may just be the best move.

Shelve it for one season, two or three, then start it up again.

It will avoid minimize the comparison with the Trebek era, split away from the shit storm that's happened, and while still harking back to the brand.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
TBH, I liked Aaron Rodgers best of all the guest hosts.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
"...he also made an offensive comment about Jewish people and used the R-word."

What is the R-word? Confused

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
"...he also made an offensive comment about Jewish people and used the R-word."

What is the R-word? Confused

I'm going to guess a word similar to "petard."

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Retard. Big fucking deal. Roll Eyes

Don't continue to support this shit, guys. Look at who you're supporting. Turn it off. Fuck these mindless leftist terrorists. Look at what they do. They dig and dig in your past until they find the slightest reason to cancel you. Get away from them.